• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Clark's Buggy Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to make some serious progress starting tomorrow and over the weekend. Here's some pics of the stuff i mounted.

DSCN1332.jpg

DSCN1333.jpg

DSCN1335.jpg

i'm working on it, i've been busy moving into a new shop. pain in the ass to move everything. But it's done now, had to rewire the whole freakin breaker box too, it was full already and i needed atleast 2, 220v circuits, so i put in a 50 and a 30, and some of those double breakers to fit 2 in one spot.:redneck: Anyways got it all done tonight, so back to working on the buggy tomorrow. Now i got lots of room. and lots of electricity.

DSCN1338.jpg

Nice GSXR, is that a 600? I have a 2007 R6 too. I like your buggy too. :awesomework:

:awesomework: Sweet Shop!!!!:awesomework:
Thanks

Nice GSXR, is that a 600? I have a 2007 R6 too. I like your buggy too. :awesomework:

06 1k, thanks

Looking good.

Are you concerned that you'll be sending hot air into your tranny cooler?

yes i am, has this been a problem for anyone else before? has it been done like that before? do you think the radiator will actually heat it up? Space is at a premium, and i could mount it in front but it would be a lot more cramped and right infront of my steering cooler. I can still move it it's only tacked in. I'm always open to suggestions, and constructive critisizm.

I know you didn't built it but whats going on with the rear axle? why are the upper links so tall with that very large truss thing? It looks like it is limiting up travel and the shock mounts look like they had to be built taller as a result?

I'd be tempted to look at swapping sides with the ARB compressor and running it perpindicular to the radiator. Fan mounted to the inside of the chassis.

I know you didn't built it but whats going on with the rear axle? why are the upper links so tall with that very large truss thing? It looks like it is limiting up travel and the shock mounts look like they had to be built taller as a result?

I'm not sure, but to be honest, i figure i can address that once it's actually done. I could swap everything into a new housing, with a new truss, and link brackets, in a day or two if it doesn't work out.

As it is right now i'll have a 19.5" belly with 4" uptravel. it's 15.5" belly at full bump. Absolute worst case senario i'll just have to re-work it later. Best case scenario it works.

The upper link mounts on the chassis are also rather interesting. They are horizontal instead of verticle, so the bolts go in from the top not side. We'll just see how things pan out.

I'd be tempted to look at swapping sides with the ARB compressor and running it perpindicular to the radiator. Fan mounted to the inside of the chassis.

I'll check that out , i MIGHT be able to squeeze it somewhere else too, i was already iffy about it, but now that someone called me on it, i'm going to move it.:awesomework:

if you can run the tranny cooler up front I would. plus the tranny cooler pulls air through the cooler " Ihave the same one" and it looks like your radiator does the same but the way you mounted them they will be pushing against each other, other than that good luck and dont stop it looks great.:awesomework:

I'll joint in....The trans inlet lines cant face down, horizontal at least or facing up is best.

ok, i yanked the cooler, and found it can go in two different places, the one in front would involve some kind of vent in the hood(the red thing is a plastic case i used to mock up the cooler, it's not really there), and or facing it the other way, blowing hot air down, not sure if that's the best idea either, right into the steering cooler. The one in the back just might work, what do you guys think? The only other option is to start tearing out the accusump reservoir, steering reservoir and steering cooler and re arranging everything up front, i can do it if i HAVE to, but i'd prefer not to.

DSCN1353.jpg

DSCN1364.jpg

Also finished my main floor mounts, and aluminum peices (need to weld up the driveline clearance, no TIG or spoolgun here though), Notice the stainless allen bolts. Got a ton if it cheap from Mcmastercar.com, very useful site i might add.:D, going to be using lots of stainless allen hardware throughout. Don't mind the white plastic, gotta keep it clean:cool: I promise it looks cooler without it.

Also notice the clearance made for the upper link mount bolts. Like i said the are 90 degrees off from normal, but i don't see why it won't work.

DSCN1339.jpg

DSCN1344.jpg

DSCN1345.jpg

DSCN1347.jpg

DSCN1349.jpg

DSCN1350.jpg

Also thinking about adding another tube where the blue tape is. Any comments?

DSCN1368.jpg

And alas the mega bling fuel pickup i just got in the mail, i've got one for each corner, no pickup issues unless i'm out of gas.:beer:

DSCN1341.jpg

DSCN1342.jpg

Last edited:
yes, i've read through every buggy build i can find, here and on pirate. Pook's rig is killer. I really need to mount the steering, pedals, and fuel cell, i'm waiting on all of it in the mail.:masturbanana[1]:

To many things to get done, not enough time. I'm going to work on this all weekend, hopefully i should have something to show for by sunday night.:rolleyes:

Also notice the clearance made for the upper link mount bolts. Like i said the are 90 degrees off from normal, but i don't see why it won't work.

What kind of link ends are they? Probably won't have enough range of motion to work like that.

Looks great...:cool: X2 on the vertical link mounting---would suck to find out the hard way it didn't work!!! Oh, and I'm likin' the added 'blue tape tube'... A Side view shot may give a better perspective!!!:awesomework: Keep on a keepin' on...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.