• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cordless Impact

I've been running my M18 Fuel for about a year now. I have the 3/8 and 1/2 versions. Typically the guns with friction rings rather than detents are rated for more output. I think my 3/8 gun is good for about 200 ft lb and the 1/2 is good for 700. I am nothing but satisfied with them. Also have used the circular saw, reciprocating saw, and drills with similar satisfaction.

I have one of the Milwaukee 3/8 ratchets that I use daily. I'll put it this way, if it broke today, I'd be headed over to home depot to buy another one tonight. That said, I expect it to hold up for a long time.

The shop Im at now for the RR we have shared tool lockers, meaning rotated shifts ( and battery packs always on rotation ) we beat the **** out of our Milwaukee Fuel and M18s and I havet seen a failure yet. Expensive because they are worth it. These things are used all day everyday in our environment

ive got several m18 and m18 fuel tools so i already have the charger and batteries. but i just bought the milwaukee m18 fuel 1/2 impact (bare tool) on ebay for $153.00 . and you can get after market batteries cheap.

Re:

I have the Makita 1/2in brushless impact wrench and it works great. I actually now use it more than my pneumatic impact wrench.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

86chevota said:
Snap-on/strap-on

Dude the new snap on stuff is amazing. I have the older 14.4 and 18 volt impacts and the new stuff is smaller lighter and stronger.

https://store.snapon.com/CT8815A-Series-18-Volt-Impact-Wrenches-1-2--1-2-Drive-18-Volt-MonsterLithium-Cordless-Impact-Wrench-P805838.aspx

Hands down. it's expensive but with the new impacts coming out you might check pawn shops or craigslist for them.

I use a Dewalt 20v brushless 1/2 drive at work and play often. Usually 5/8 and up hardware. Thing broke loose all but one of the lug nuts on my bus (Greyhound not vw) last one took a 3/4 drive a cheater bar and a gentle bounce. I had an 18v but it was only good to 310 ft lbs and after a year or so it wouldn't do that anymore. New one has three "torque settings" tight, tighter and snap.

I'm a electric lineman and we use Dewalt for drilling holes in our poles, and to tighten hardware.... the batteries hold up great even when drilling threw poles that are still wet...I was very surprised to see that they hold up in the rain and cold weather... .