• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Coyote hunting

I have a bit of "don't shoot it if you're not going to eat it" in me.:fawkdancesmiley:

I was raised that way also. But, I was also raised that there are exceptions to every rule. There are 3 vermin that I let lay, Starlings, Crows, and Coyotes.

Edit: O yea, I forgot about feral cats, the ****ers...

Last edited:
my 22/250 is a great yote gun.. there are seasons on them things. IIRC the 4 counties on the east side of the columbia river are open year round.. check the regs...

[QUOTE lick my bonch [/QUOTE]

what the **** is a bonch?:haha::haha: sounds like it could be dirty?
over in yak there are plenty of yotes, and they all must die....they are kreepy:stirpot:

Coyotes are open year round in Eastern Wa. The farther east you go, the easier they are to call. You can spot light them as well. You forgot mud swallows on the list. You want to get good with a shotgun, run through a few boxes on them. Quail and doves will seem slow.

I was raised that way also. But, I was also raised that there are exceptions to every rule. There are 3 vermin that I let lay, Starlings, Crows, and Coyotes.

Edit: O yea, I forgot about feral cats, the ****ers...

Ya I think the depredation thing is enough to justify it for me:D. And its a good excuse for me to buy a combo gun. (Ya im a wierdo and want one!:fawkdancesmiley: ) .223/12ga. Savage baby! Yotes and grouse!

open year round if its for agricultural use.(yakima county) My family has orchards and we pay the local kids to hunt them. Im actually getting ready to go out hunting my self. Ill let ya know how i do. It warmed up so the bunnies and sage rats are out so not going to be a good day.

Everybody needs to check the regs, it's open year round statewide. Go to the fish/wildlife site, big game book, under small game season.

Everybody needs to check the regs, it's open year round statewide. Go to the fish/wildlife site, big game book, under small game season.

Well, from what "I" read, you can use any firearm, with some exceptions, outside the big game hunting seasons.... But theyre very vague rules...:eeek:

So you dont eat what you kill?:rolleyes:

Cause I for a fact wont eat dog... "willingly" .... I have eaten at alot of little Asian dives around Tacoma:haha:

Dogs make a fine meal. :redneck:

Curious as to what you read the exceptions are for firearms, please share. I wasn't aware of any.

I'm not aware of any either, we used to hunt at night in the snow under a full moon, man I miss living in Chewelah, plus everyonce in a while we'd get to shoot a tall black one :cool:

Curious as to what you read the exceptions are for firearms, please share. I wasn't aware of any.

This is what i was talking about, but i want to say i read something that also said you can't hunt coyote with a smaller than .24cal rifle during the elk/deer season...but i may be wrong.

This is from the hunting regs:

Night Hunting and Hound Hunting
During Deer and Elk Hunting Seasons
Bobcat, raccoon, and coyote may be hunted at night during established bobcat and raccoon seasons,​
EXCEPT that it is unlawful to hunt any wildlife at night
or wild animals with dogs (hounds) during the months of September, October, or November in any area open to a centerfire rifle deer or elk season. The use of

hounds to hunt black bear, cougar, bobcat, or coyote is prohibited year round except during commission authorized hunts

cant stop laughing. the rules arent vague you can spotlight as long as there no big game season going on and any weapon of your choice open year round state wide. the west side has plenty of yotes just harder to see in all the timber. 25-06 set up just for the occasion.

Last edited:
This is from the hunting regs:

Night Hunting and Hound Hunting
During Deer and Elk Hunting Seasons
Bobcat, raccoon, and coyote may be hunted at night during established bobcat and raccoon seasons,​
EXCEPT that it is unlawful to hunt any wildlife at night
or wild animals with dogs (hounds) during the months of September, October, or November in any area open to a centerfire rifle deer or elk season. The use of

hounds to hunt black bear, cougar, bobcat, or coyote is prohibited year round except during commission authorized hunts

I'm not a hunter but this reads to me that you can hunt Coyote at night during established Bobcat and Raccoon seasons as long as there isn't a big game season open also.

Yup...In fact, somewhere in eastern Wa this weekend, they're holding a Yote tournament....I guess they are rampid over there and a HUGE problem...so much so they hold a 24hr hunting tournament! :redneck:

I think (but could be wrong) that if you are hunting yotes in an area with an open big game season and are using a .24 or 6mm (or larger) gun you have to have a tag for the big game that is in season. If a smaller caliber is being used your ok with out the big game tag. Anyone have better insight on this?

I think (but could be wrong) that if you are hunting yotes in an area with an open big game season and are using a .24 or 6mm (or larger) gun you have to have a tag for the big game that is in season. If a smaller caliber is being used your ok with out the big game tag. Anyone have better insight on this?

Ya I think this is what I was thinking about. I know that excerpt was fairly straight forward. But id like more info on mag capacity and such...