• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hunting season

Shell rock is where my camp used to be. There's a big section of private land that has been closed on that road and you can't drive up it from the bottom any more. You can only (legally) get to it from the upper N. Fork. Oh, yeah the N. Fork is closed at the bottom too.

Anybody have any luck with deer? I've seen several bucks but were either not legal or couldn't get a shot. One more weekend then it's off to elk camp.

Just got back from a week in Entiat, saw around 30 plus does everyday and 5 to 8 little bucks per day but nothing legal to shoot :wtf: Saw only 5 deer hanging in camps heard there were about 15 bucks taken but nothing real big. I guess its on to black tail and then Elk.:cheer:

Daughter got hers opening morning, I've been struggling finding anything legal to shoot. I haven't seen or heard of many getting deer, in fact only seen one other deer heading out in the back of a truck.

Seen a ton of not legal bucks. Must be the genes.....

10394468_732612740109666_5462361717415724373_n.jpg

Just got a deer Sunday morning on my uncles property in sequim area.

Last edited:
With turkey opening up last week did anyone fill any tags? I was up the clockum rd outside of Ellensburg and we heard birds but no one filled anything.

Got drawn for multi season deer so far... not sure ill cash in on it or not since I have plans to drive to hunt the powder river area in Montana. I did go out once with a buddy who has spring bear. Nothing dead yet.

A friend of mine took his son out on the youth turkey hunt and got a real nice tom up the clockum. Kids first bird. I'm not sure what I think of the multi season tag. Kinda pricey for a dear but it would be fun to hunt that much.

Also some changed areas for muzzle elk, later archery elk on west side sept 12-24th, I think a longer modern deer season in some parts on the east side, and mechanical broadheads are legal.

I got drawn for a cow tag in the umtanum unit(342). I don't know the unit very well as I usually hunt 346. Probably head that way in a few weeks to start looking around.

3 cow tags in my family party... I personally got ****. Ill be headed to east Montana again at the end of Nov. for deer.

I have been skunked more times then I would like to admit in that 342 unit. I gave up on that one years ago. The running joke in the family is the guy with the cow tag never sees any cows but everyone else does. :beer:

We seen 5 bull elk by Liberty. 4 were 5 points and one was a 7 or 8 point, it was huge.

Guy in my group got a bull tag. And this is one of three that are in his area on a very regular basis.