• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dad's stang...

Saw a Stang on the freeway right around the same year but soft yellow color and thought of this thread. So how's dad doing? No updates so no news is good news?

Saw a Stang on the freeway right around the same year but soft yellow color and thought of this thread. So how's dad doing? No updates so no news is good news?

So I had not heard much from my mom or dad along with nothing on FB from him. I figured I would let them be and enjoy there remaining time in california. I knew they had gotten back and called my mom today to get caught up.

My fears were right as my dad did not want any of us to worry to much and he ended up in the ER again due to pain it was all due to the tumor growth and pressure against his back that caused the fracture in the vertebrae.

I could hear the bad tone in my moms voice as my dad is now on morphine due to the pain but in small amounts. My mom said the growth was happening faster that expected and we are supposed to all meet in the next week with the hospice folks.

My dad is now too weak to even go drive his car--this breaks my heart and is just tearing me up. I told my mom the first day of sun I am dropping everything and going take him for a drive...

Thank you for taking the time to read my story to this point and the prayers and wish's.

You got my number....:awesomework:
The Air Show/Car Show up here is just around the corner...Father's Day weekend if I remember. I'll find out what I can about registering.

God knows I feel for you and your family Mike. I was really hoping to see more positive news. Hang in there buddy, you know where I am if you need anything.

You got my number....:awesomework:
The Air Show/Car Show up here is just around the corner...Father's Day weekend if I remember. I'll find out what I can about registering.

google propsandponies!!!! and they do a big cruise the day before the show :awesomework: i found that it says august 19th!!

mike you have my support buddy!!! like anyone here will say... if you need a hand or anything im sure more then a few of us will be there to help..

i also have that deep fear my mom is trying to hide how bad she is feeling at times with us(didnt hear from her for 2 days i called her last night,and i could tell she wasnt feeling good but she lied to me about it)..

I have been sitting here starring at this blinking line and I am glad my kids are not here to see me.....

I want to thank everybody for the wishes and prayers from the bottom of my heart. You all have helped me greatly and I am honored that you have taken the time to read my words and look at my pictures and honored many of you have taken the time to reply

My father is now on morphine constantly and I am won't be able to take him for a drive in his wonderfull car as this evil cancer has spread rapidly thru him and is now even in his bones..

I have had a hard couple days and today me and my mom broke down. She had said she really wanted his car at the funeral and I agreed and I told her I would take her in dads car and thats when we both lost it.

I am so truly honored to have been able to give the gift I did to him..

Again thank you.....

I don't know what to say, Mike, other than we are all here for you. Our prayers go out to you and your family.

Im with Jim on this one Mike, i dont think words can even begin to express what your going through right now, your friends are here for you let us know how we can help you through this buddy. My prayers going out to you and your family right now Mike

Man Oh Man, I too am with Jim and Sam on this Mike...You have to know you and your family are in our prayers as well. If you need anything, anything at all...all ya gotta to is pick up the phone-we're here for you....

I'm sorry to hear this mike, I'm having a hard time reading this... :booo:I just hope he's comfortable and you can all spend as much time together as possible.

Mike if you would like any help I have extensive experience working on classic mustangs and other fords. It would be my honor to help. Stay strong.

right in line with everyone on this... my heart ,and thoughts are with you,and family... and as stated you have an army of fellow wheelers here to help any way we can..

Thanks Jim, Aaron, Kevin, Sam, Brad, troy, bill and everybody else..

I got up early and headed to my folks and got to spend the whole day there. I did a bunch of stuff around the house to help my mom. I also took some time down stairs to just look and stare. I am just amazed by the cool things my dad has collected from Mariners, Seahawks to his mustang stuff. All of this was truly my dad.

Both my sisters and brother also came over and we all were very touched by what happened next. As some may know my dad was a VERY avid photographer and had worked at the Evergreen fairgrounds as the official photographer for about the last 6 years.

All of the members of the committee came over (like 10) since he was too ill to make the dinner tonight. But they honored him and his years of work with a cool plaque.

Thank you everybody...

Its good to hear that your siblings were all able to make it over Mike. I am very sorry to read that it has progressed to this, I hope for the rest of the time your father can at least be comfortable and surrounded by his loved ones.

What you have done is a great thing for him.