• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Defender Buggy Build

Thanks .. It shouldn't, the belly will be a solid sheet of aluminum which should help and very rarely do you smash a rock with your oil pan, it's just for those times where something strange happens. I have seen several done this way, so hopefully it won't be an issue ???

onetoncrawler said:
very rarely do you smash a rock with your oil pan, it's just for those times where something strange happens.

only on very rare occasions would this ever happen :popcorn:

OIL.jpg

A little bit of progress, went to WOD and picked up a pwr steering/alt. Relocator kit then went to EOR and picked up the radiator. I think its a nice unit, I set the size and options and Jimmy had it in about two weeks. Its a 30x19 with two 14" fans. The extra port will be for the steam port. Hard to believe a 30x19 fit so well up front.
ea5c0c91.jpg

f9c05003.jpg

06d3a6cb.jpg

Now that I had an idea of where the radiator would sit I started on the bump stops. The bump pads aren't shown and I will be plating the tubes together and possibly gusseting from higher up on the shock hoop, but it's a start

6ad1522b.jpg

f6440274.jpg

No real updates, did buy some parts, got my other set of gears, a Detroit for the front, an eagle machine steering ram, a winch, and wilwood brake pedal assembly.

Since I rarely used only one pedal at a time in the last buggy I went with a single pedal this time with the balance bar. This will give me more legroom to stretch out , hope I don't regret it.

We have two Christmas functions this weekend so it looks like it will be Monday before I get back on it. :-(

Kevin,
It looks like 75" to top of cage with 20" of belly. Was supposed to be 72" with 20" belly but it grew 3" from the cad model I guess ???

Updates..

Daniel started fitting the winch, grill and hood.

1325157467.jpg

1325157468.jpg

Pimp hood latches :dblthumb:
1325157469.jpg

Fixed the 'buck tooth' look for a slimmer smile :woody:
1325157471.jpg

1325157474.jpg

1325157475.jpg

Grill hoop snuck in behind for a clean frontend. radiator in position
1325157473.jpg

Its getting closer man :woot:

Thanks guys, Pretty stoked, got a magnaflow muffler, willwood master cylinders, a action packer, and a mudpro tilt steering column for Christmas! Getting closer to having all the parts at least

Got a little more done, finished motor mounts(gonna pretty them up a lil more), got steering valve mount tacked in place and started on front bumper. My wife drilled out the trick tabs and got the nutserts all pressed in
3253c6f7-9140-bdc8.jpg

3253c6f7-9157-e31e.jpg

3253c6f7-9180-b7c8.jpg

Latest posts