• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Dirty girl" A White Trash Fab build

We have about 40 - 12" drops in a box from the **** at the end that doesn't get rolled + 2 5 gallon buckets full of small cuts and notcher clippings so best guess about 280'.

I just wanted to thank you for being so detailed in your build. I am starting my buggy and find your build to be a great resource. I am wondering if the water pump will struggle with 13\4 on both sides. My last truck had 1 1\2 and 1 3\4 in and out. It didn't move the water fast enough until I changed to a high flow thermostat and pump combination. I am worried about increasing the 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 . do you for see an issue moving the increased volume over such a large distance?

Naughty_Finger said:
I just wanted to thank you for being so detailed in your build. I am starting my buggy and find your build to be a great resource. I am wondering if the water pump will struggle with 13\4 on both sides. My last truck had 1 1\2 and 1 3\4 in and out. It didn't move the water fast enough until I changed to a high flow thermostat and pump combination. I am worried about increasing the 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 . do you for see an issue moving the increased volume over such a large distance?
We don't plan on running a t stat just a restricion washer, may have to try a couple different sizes to get the operating temp dialed in. Glad you are enjoying the build, we are having a blast building it.

Had a decent weather day and got to work with the doors open for part of the day.

Hadley hard at work mounting the rear air bumps.

I built the passenger side slider then my drill on the notcher started spitting sparks out of the side of it and shocked me, after a quick trip to town to get a new drill started on the hood/engine cage.

Wish you could say this is my last question but... Probably won't be.. This is a good one that I am surprised hasn't been asked. How many feet of steel did you need so far?

STROKERYOTA said:
just went through the build thread and I might have missed it but what size travel shocks are you using
14" up front with 6.5" uptravel, 16" rear with 7.5" uptravel and 2" airbumps at both ends. All Foa stuff, rear will most likely get a tripple rate setup.
Naughty_Finger said:
Wish you could say this is my last question but... Probably won't be.. This is a good one that I am surprised hasn't been asked. How many feet of steel did you need so far?
A **** load, more than I have ever put in a rig probably in the 300'-350' range judging by the drop from rolling and 2 5 gallon buckets of notcher clippings. You end up with a 12" drop on both sides every time when rolling and I don't have the room to have full lengths of rolled tube just laying around so there has been a higher level of scrap than I am happy with but will use them up on the next chassis.

Naughty_Finger said:

SomewhiteGuy said:
We have about 40 - 12" drops in a box from the **** at the end that doesn't get rolled + 2 5 gallon buckets full of small cuts and notcher clippings so best guess about 280'.

Only things left to finish are the lightbar cage and some bracing. Fun stuff now where it won't look like anything is getting done while all the operating systems are put in place to make this bitch run, steer, go and stop.

I've been working on Rzr arms the last 2 days but Hadley and some friends came by and my kid gave him his X mas present early, Chassis Unlimited fairlead for the front.

Also a pair of these coolers came in, 1 for trans and 1 for steering.

Steering wheel is here, nothing says baller like wood grip steering wheel!

Hadley wishing he could back this bitch out of the shop and take it home.

I have spent the last couple of months watching youtube and searching the internet for buggies to get ideas and I have to say this buggy you are building has the nicest lines out of them all. I just love the rolled tube with the sharp accents. I noticed you did the design on a software program. Do you mind telling me what program you used? I have my ideas drawn up but need to put in into a computer so it can calculate the bends. Thanks for answering all the questions I've had. It's really cool to see that thing come together in a three car garage using tools that just about anyone has or can have .

Naughty_Finger said:
I have spent the last couple of months watching youtube and searching the internet for buggies to get ideas and I have to say this buggy you are building has the nicest lines out of them all. I just love the rolled tube with the sharp accents. I noticed you did the design on a software program. Do you mind telling me what program you used? I have my ideas drawn up but need to put in into a computer so it can calculate the bends. Thanks for answering all the questions I've had. It's really cool to see that thing come together in a three car garage using tools that just about anyone has or can have .
Thanks, I can't wait to finish this one out to start on my new one. Solid works 2013 pro, I don't mind the questions.
http://www.solidworks.com/sw/products/3d-cad/solidworks-professional.htm

Ive always used bend tech. Is there an advantage to using solid works? Does it give you bend measurements and rotation degree? Or are you referring to bendtech. . .