• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dixie run 2016

Re:

wizzo said:
I've said this for a few years now, but I'd love to figure out/ plan a "dixie run" like ride at GMP with out SFWDA involved. Just a big ride that everyone comes to and the park gets 100% of the money and no SFWDA bull **** involved. I'd pay the same money even, as long as the park would use it for improvements or maintenance.

I agree with this

Re: Re:

wizzo said:
I've said this for a few years now, but I'd love to figure out/ plan a "dixie run" like ride at GMP with out SFWDA involved. Just a big ride that everyone comes to and the park gets 100% of the money and no SFWDA bull **** involved. I'd pay the same money even, as long as the park would use it for improvements or maintenance.
I would travel for this.....and I hate traveling. 8)

wizzo a ride like that would be great but GMP would fight you every step of the way. southern and GMP are users of the offload community for sure. the key to having a great time at dixie run is to give them there money and get as far away from them,there meals,there raffles, there race(hey southern I want my rope and fairhead for winning the rock race last year i guess am hard to find)Anyway i always has a great time at dixie run .One of the many highlights was letting ricky drive my buggy down crackhead and up the jungle wall.

Re:

wizzo said:

It's funny you should mention this. I was there today picking up my camper and brought this up to Anthony. I really don't think he would have a problem with us letting them know ahead of time and having a big event. I think we should do one in March or April???

86chevota said:
It's funny you should mention this. I was there today picking up my camper and brought this up to Anthony. I really don't think he would have a problem with us letting them know ahead of time and having a big event. I think we should do one in March or April???
BUT

We can't advertise it as an event, call it an event, plan anything that pertains to the park in any way.

You gotta do it like the Hardline ride, where you rent a pavilion for a central meeting point, and then a bunch of people just happen to show up to 4 wheel together.

And don't even mention organizing a race, competition, time trial, etc unless you want to get permits from the state and your own event insurance

I've got one but yall buggy guys will fall asleep watching it . I will have to ask pholmann to post it :****:

I believe the best video of dixie run would have been made of our Friday night supper table. Man, it looked like a Sunday afternoon Baptist lunch. There were three tables together and they were all full. The very best...........oh yeah, we rode some trails too.

TBItoy said:
BUT

We can't advertise it as an event, call it an event, plan anything that pertains to the park in any way.

You gotta do it like the Hardline ride, where you rent a pavilion for a central meeting point, and then a bunch of people just happen to show up to 4 wheel together.

And don't even mention organizing a race, competition, time trial, etc unless you want to get permits from the state and your own event insurance

I agree lets do this

Had a blast like we always do at Dixie!
My truck's a little worse for wear, but it made it back to the trailer and ready for Fall Crawl in 2 weeks.

Attachments

• trashed.jpg
    trashed.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 103
rockwell 1 said:
wizzo a ride like that would be great but GMP would fight you every step of the way. southern and GMP are users of the offload community for sure. the key to having a great time at dixie run is to give them there money and get as far away from them,there meals,there raffles, there race(hey southern I want my rope and fairhead for winning the rock race last year i guess am hard to find)Anyway i always has a great time at dixie run .One of the many highlights was letting ricky drive my buggy down crackhead and up the jungle wall.

Coming up the slab Ricky B had that knee locked out haha. What a fun night. But yeah, right or wrong, I'm of the same opinion. I just give Southern my money and plan to do my own thing with my crew for the rest of the weekend. It's just easier that way.

bigsam said:
There is NO excuse for the food problems. We went through the same crap at trailfest. There were people who ordered shirts that were told that they were all gone explain that to me please!!
Aside from that it was a fantastic Dixie Run again good riding,food,(we cooked) fantastic people, and good weather...Great to see everyone again.????

rockwell 1 said:

tallnate said:
Coming up the slab Ricky B had that knee locked out haha. What a fun night. But yeah, right or wrong, I'm of the same opinion. I just give Southern my money and plan to do my own thing with my crew for the rest of the weekend. It's just easier that way.

Next year (even though I want to say pound sand SFWDA and I'm not going back but know I will) I'll just adopt yall's mentality and move on.

But I'm still gonna hold a glimmer of hope for the unplanned, not official, not sanctioned, get together and we can call it the "Screw you SFWDA" gathering.

tallnate said:

I just have a problem paying that much and then doing what i would normally do on the other 51 weekends a year there. Plus the extra crowd. Maybe i dont get it or am missing something but I've never heard good about a SWFDA ride except when they were at Tellico.

Not wanting to start a bash sfwda thing but does anybody have on paper what they do with all of the money raised, not sure how many rigs were there but it had to be quite a bit of money???

xjcrawler said:
Not wanting to start a bash sfwda thing but does anybody have on paper what they do with all of the money raised, not sure how many rigs were there but it had to be quite a bit of money???

Dude ain't nobody knows what sfwda does at anytime except dixie run and trail fest not counting what they do with all the money. And by the way everybody talks they definitely ain't putting it toward food and shirts!!

Wizzo I think it is a great idea to have an alternate dixie. AOP for dixie and GMP for trailfest. Just seems like southern is turning more to new jeeps with 35's. If it wasn't for the good friends I would have quit years ago.