• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Goldendale

Mrs. Crash said:
We are still trying to find a way to get truck and trailer and camper over.

let me know if you need anything for help.
We are taking the m/home, so I do have my truck for you to use if you need it. It will haul the camper and trailer no problem.

GaryTJ said:
We are taking the m/home, so I do have my truck for you to use if you need it. It will haul the camper and trailer no problem.

Thank you,but Michael keeps yelling " we will just sleep in your blazer before I"ll depend on anyone else to get our stuff over there" he's a mule :haha:

But thanks, Gary.:;

GaryTJ said:

I have enough recovery, I'd hate for you to use more fuel than you need too, but if you wanna bring it, I'm sure we could use it.....:beer: :beer:

it is not "depending on someone else to get our stuff over there"
I am not going to drive it for you. I am just letting you use it.

I have my limits. If you don't use it, it will just sit in the back yard.

psychotoy said:
I have enough recovery, I'd hate for you to use more fuel than you need too, but if you wanna bring it, I'm sure we could use it.....:beer: :beer:

I am going to bring the Jeep. It will be behind the m/home, so fuel is not a real issue. When you drive a class "a" motorhome, the differance between 7mpg and 8.5mpg is not that much for a short trip like this.

GaryTJ said:
it is not "depending on someone else to get our stuff over there"
I am not going to drive it for you. I am just letting you use it.

I have my limits. If you don't use it, it will just sit in the back yard.

thank you again, he said "no way, if something happens, there goes all the money I saved for my truck"

I guess we will haul his truck over and just bring a tent and that's ok.

Oh and it's a big ol 6 man tent so we have room for both Don and Bobby..

Last edited:
Mrs. Crash said:
thank you again, he said "no way, if something happens, there goes all the money I saved for my truck"

I guess we will haul his truck over and just bring a tent and that's ok.

Oh and it's a big ol 6 man tent so we have room for both Don and Bobby..

What time you leaving Crista?

I plan on leaving friday and want to caravan over with some folks.

KarlVP said:
What time you leaving Crista?

I plan on leaving friday and want to caravan over with some folks.

Michael hasn't decided if he wants to leave Late Thursday or Early Fri. Last year we left on Thursday and stayed in a hotel in Yakima (I think) Thursday night (For our anniversary fun:; ) and then left from there friday.

if you are going to do that, come all the way over. We are going thursday morning sometime and wandering over. planning on getting in sometime Thursday afternoon.

Peanut and myself are planning on being there friday noonish at the latest... chances are we'll be there thursday afternoon to get all our shiat set up. Im stoked... :D

Ok we are going to leave bring and early friday morning. I wanna get up and over I82 before it gets too hot. We will also be stopping in yakima at the wallmart to get a new air matress since the camper will be staying home..

But I wanna leave my place around 6am and figured we could meeting in northbend maybe?

crash said:
Ok we are going to leave bring and early friday morning. I wanna get up and over I82 before it gets too hot. We will also be stopping in yakima at the wallmart to get a new air matress since the camper will be staying home..

But I wanna leave my place around 6am and figured we could meeting in northbend maybe?

You wanna do breakfast in northbend? I could swing the early morning departure.

i PERSONALLY would rather stop in yakima since I82 is a pain to get over with the 3 pass's on it and well the old chev isn't happy with heat anymore :D . Plus I am not much of a breakfast person...

crash said:
i PERSONALLY would rather stop in yakima since I82 is a pain to get over with the 3 pass's on it and well the old chev isn't happy with heat anymore :D . Plus I am not much of a breakfast person...

Take the Yakima River Canyon road, no big passes & 45 MPH speed limit. Nice scenic drive too. Not much longer either, maybe 10 minutes more max.

benw said:
Take the Yakima River Canyon road, no big passes & 45 MPH speed limit. Nice scenic drive too. Not much longer either, maybe 10 minutes more max.

Never heard of it ben. Is it east or west of I82?

Last edited:
I'll be leaving here early saturday morning (gotta work on Friday) with my YJ and a tent. :redneck: Camp saturday night, head home Sunday afternoon.

benw said:
You take the Canyon Rd. exit off of I-90 at Ellensburg. Go south on Canyon Rd, it dumps you back onto I-82 just above Selah.

Look at this map, (don't be confused, for some reason google lables I-82 as Hwy 97), zoom in 1 click and you'll see Canyon Rd, aka State Route 821

http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=ellensburg,+wa&ie=UTF8&ll=46.964088,-120.534267&spn=0.0847,0.215607&om=1

http://experiencewa.com/byways/Byway.aspx?bwid=17

sO DOES that road follow railroad tracks? Also its not to bad to tow on with all the curves?

Yes it follows the tracks, but the tracks are on the opposite side of the river. I've never towed through there, but yes, it is quite curvey.