• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Helmet wearers

I have one of these for werock comp wheeling http://polyperformance.com/shop/Zamp-S-4-Helmet-p-19959.html

I should wear it trail wheeling but haven't been. I'll start when I get the new buggy out, I got 3 kids and a wife expecting me to come home.

adjustable scalp ventilation? nice helmet.
the coming home part is the important part.
how does your body feel after a comp? do you get worked over at all,or does the rig generally take all the abuse?

my rig made me feel like i should have had my tard helmet on. i just spent 2hrs putting the drivers side knuckle back together,and i think i spent more time fixing my own mistakes :mad:. oh and i now need brake lines for both sides upfront just the lil peice from steel braided line to caliper :rolleyes: .

Have this one in the trail rig, although I don't normally wear it unless I'm doing the harder stuff, but I agree with what's been said... the worst **** happens when you're not expecting it:

main_bell_faction_helmet.png

Just ordered this one for going desert racing:

6a00d83455aeb969e201157189b6b6970b-500wi

It's coming pre-wired w/ speakers and mic and blower hook ups!

Never had a rig I have had to wear one in.
When I get the Bronco or Yota started and caged.
I will have one mainly because I will be doing more
challenging Wheeling.

adjustable scalp ventilation? nice helmet.
the coming home part is the important part.
how does your body feel after a comp? do you get worked over at all,or does the rig generally take all the abuse?

my rig made me feel like i should have had my tard helmet on. i just spent 2hrs putting the drivers side knuckle back together,and i think i spent more time fixing my own mistakes :mad:. oh and i now need brake lines for both sides upfront just the lil peice from steel braided line to caliper :rolleyes: .

Having good suspension seats, harnesses, helmet and in ftoy we had to wear a neck roll, kept me in good shape. Also having a suspension that is setup properly so you don't jarr yourself every time you do a big drop helps.

the new buggy has an even nicer better fitting set of seats so I'm looking real forward to abusing it in comfort:cool:

Having good suspension seats, harnesses, helmet and in ftoy we had to wear a neck roll, kept me in good shape. Also having a suspension that is setup properly so you don't jarr yourself every time you do a big drop helps.

the new buggy has an even nicer better fitting set of seats so I'm looking real forward to abusing it in comfort:cool:
i was wondering about the neck support!
cant wait to see the new buggy out! i like them suspension seats someday i will have some in my buggy someday i will have a buggy.

This doesn't make any sense.:eeek: When/how does the vehicle determine your personal safety?

x2 on what mark said.. the unknown is why i started to wear a helmet not cause i built some badass rig(wich i didnt).

after knocking myself out twice i have now decided to wear a helmet at all times in the buggy. I just wear a Bern skate helmet its comfortable and very tough.

Was always real good about wearing a helmet when things got even a little hairy but wearing it all the time seemed to cumbersome. I need to get a lighter one, after I get my junk a little closer to done.

This doesn't make any sense.:eeek: When/how does the vehicle determine your personal safety?

To clarify, Never wheeled where I thought I needed one.
TSF, Evans, Naches, and some Reiter trails in my Fool Size Bronco.
Only been in a few places that I thought about it.

Here lays Pony-boy......."Never wheeled where I thought I needed a helmet."

They can put this on your headstone.^^^^

I know that's morbid and unlikely, but........just trying to prove a point.

I have a snowboard helmet i could wear. At this point I dont see myself doing **** so extreme as to need a helmet yet. Cage/seats/5 or 4 points are next on the list then I'll prolly throw on a helmet.

since I have never even heard or seen you drive your runner, I wouldnt wear a helmet either....:shaking:

I have a Pro-tec helmet in snow camo flavor that I will be keeping in my rig and will put on when things get a little sideways. Of course, that is if I ever get my rig finished.

Roll cage padding is stupid, and probably not going to prevent a head injury in a serious roll. A helmet is way better protection.

When I ran the TT expo I wore a motorcross helmet with goggles. I have a skateboarding helmet for when I play around on the trail. But I honestly have only put it on once.

When I get to a hairy spot that's when I decide to put the helmet on or a just a 4 point harness will do.