• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How big is yours? I wanna know.

mines about 16-ish gallons (custom made). can burn through the whole thing at the dunes easily. typically use about half trail riding all day. my 6.0 seems to be decently efficient unless my right foot get heavy

How big is yours? I wanna know.

6 gallon poly tank, no sump, baffles or foam. Will last a full day of hard wheeling for me. Will drink every bit of it but I fill up before the night ride

I run a 19 gal stainless steel cell that i built. I can ride two days at harlin or windrock with out filling up. But im just running a stock 5.0

38 Special is a little over 10 gallons. Solo Buggy is 13 1/2 gallons. I normally put in 5 to 8 gallons per day of riding, but my style is not high RPM.

Kush, you should get a 3 gallon cell, so you can still be "That guy" :flipoff1:

I run the rci tank in mine it's 12 or 15 gallon. The new version doesn't have the tabs on em. But mine still split at the seams. I had it rewelded at the leaks 2 or 3 different times. I finally took it out and had a reputable shop grind all the factory **** welds off and they laid some nice beads on it and that took care of my problem. I've got a warmed over old school small block Chevy and I can run a pretty hard day and use alittle over 10 gallon or so. I've never ran out. And I'm also running a motor craft 2brl. It limits the motor to about 55 to 5700 rpm,but it cuts down on a lot of breakage too. The carb works like a dream standing up or going down steep inclines. The only time it ever acts up is if you get really sides ways in a revene. And I'm talking to the point that your cage is rubbing the ground side ways. Besides that it's hard to beat.

Re:

RCI poly 12 gallon here. I keep two 2 gallon rotopax cans strapped on the buggy @ Windrock and Harlan and have had to use them every time I have been to either place. I guess my ole 6.0 is a thirsty bitch.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Well thanks for the replies .. Next question was actually about the aluminum Cells and I always hear about people having issues with the welds .. A buddy of mine went through three of them before he welded up on himself ... Anything negative about the plastic cells? And I was thinkin bout a small one. Yes because I'm a cheap ass .. And I swear , thought of being "that guy" and Always running out of gas. Hahah no Fukin way. I'm done with that. I hope. I also thought that foam was a good thing For The gas bouncing around like it does. I'm glad that someone posted up about it, cause I swear I thought I needed one with foam in it.. So I guess 8 is to small .. Ill check out the 10 gal John G... And get a CB also, to radio for fill up. Thanks again for the advice fellas. I don't wanna Fuk up and not get the right one like I normally do.

8 gallon bladdered and baffled cell. I wouldn't use foam as I've heard too many stories of it breaking down, so I went with alltech baffles from zukizzy on pirate. If you rock crawling hard enough, rocks can and will get in places you'd never guess they would. That's why I'm glad mine is a plastic cell in a steel case. Somehow at werock I put a dent in one of the corners of it, just big enough to let me know it could be done. I would also highly suggest shut off valves as well. Don't be cheap on safety and have to watch your investment burn to the ground.

With the Zuk 1.3L I would average 5 gallons a weekend. With the SC3800 I average 12 gallons a weekend. I just top it back off every morning while everyone else is tinkering getting ready.

Re: How big is yours? I wanna know.

10 gallon tank. In tank pump with no baffles, so I can't let it get too low. Lasts a few hours of steady wheeling.

So what exactly is the preferred method of mounting per RCI/ whoever? I saw 5 RCI tanks crack in the last year alone.

94xjsport94 said:
So what exactly is the preferred method of mounting per RCI/ whoever? I saw 5 RCI tanks crack in the last year alone.

Their **** tanks, unless you have them rewelded then they seem to hold up good. I'm about 2 yrs leak free now.

Like mentioned they have a lot of uses and I'd imagine that rock crawling/ bouncing is probably the hardest on them. Heard they'll double weld you a replacement for free but I don't want the one I just got to leak at all. They have taken care of everyone I know that's called.

I called them about mine and he said he'd weld it for free. He didn't say anything about double welding though. He also said he would give anybody a 150 credit towards the bladder type if wanna trade there regular aluminum tank in.

12 gallon stainless tank. Haven't ran it out in a day yet. I had two rci tanks in the jeep and both cracked in a weld. First one I sent back and second one I had a buddy go back over the welds and never had another issue with it. I called rci and told them about the problem and they said if I sent it back they would go back over the welds.

Re: Re: How big is yours? I wanna know.

sleepsontoilet said:

8 gallon bladdered and baffled cell. I wouldn't use foam as I've heard too many stories of it breaking down, so I went with alltech baffles from zukizzy on pirate. If you rock crawling hard enough, rocks can and will get in places you'd never guess they would. That's why I'm glad mine is a plastic cell in a steel case. Somehow at werock I put a dent in one of the corners of it, just big enough to let me know it could be done. I would also highly suggest shut off valves as well. Don't be cheap on safety and have to watch your investment burn to the ground.

With the Zuk 1.3L I would average 5 gallons a weekend. With the SC3800 I average 12 gallons a weekend. I just top it back off every morning while everyone else is tinkering getting ready.
I have the same from alltech motorsports. Chris is running it now since Wayne is a manager at the offroad division. It's small round plastic baffles. Give them a call and that would help not stress the tank from fuel slosh.