• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How big is yours? I wanna know.

Meaning put teh fitting in the sump. Not out the top. not facing down, that sucks, but facing sideways or forward or whatever. I put a bulkhead and hose on the inside so it was about centered/flopping with gravity like the fuel should be.

Not sure I'm explaining the sump well enough. Lets say you weld a 4x4x2 deep box on the bottom of your cell. Wherever it fits. Above that, leave the bottom of the tank intact except you saw a 2.5" or so hole above the sump. To make the fuel go into the hole, you put vertical ribs that run from the corner of the tank to the edge of the hole in an X fashion across the tank. when the fuel tries to rush side to side, it follows the rib to the hole/other vertical rib and funnels in the hole. The full height vertical slosh stopping divider plate goes across the top of the hole, splitting it in half. When the fuel hits the end of the "funnel fins" it hits the divider plate and sprays up or goes down. Sump is full. When the fuel is sloshed sideways/forward/backward in the sump, it hits the wall, sprays up into the ceiling only 2" above as the wall doesn't extend up into the main cell. It is captive down in the little sump. Get you down to the last 1/4 gallon or so.
Hard to do in a boughten cell, so you end up with pieces of plastic pipe and what not

Gotcha. I think I'm imagining what you're saying. And I was asking about putting the send fitting in the sump because a lot of tanks I see have the send coming out of the top. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some special reason not to have the send in the bottom other than avoiding picking up crap. But hey, that's what filters are for right? Thanks

Beerj said:
Gotcha. I think I'm imagining what you're saying. And I was asking about putting the send fitting in the sump because a lot of tanks I see have the send coming out of the top. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some special reason not to have the send in the bottom other than avoiding picking up crap. But hey, that's what filters are for right? Thanks
40ish micron pre screen aluminum deal that uncscrews, knock crap out of screen, reinstall. Reminds me, put a ball valve right at the cell or pre pre- filter

blacksheep10 said:
40ish micron pre screen aluminum deal that uncscrews, knock crap out of screen, reinstall. Reminds me, put a ball valve right at the cell or pre pre- filter

This^^^
I put a bulkhead fitting in the bottom, then ran a hose over to the frame rail, then a ball valve into a fuel filter.

First setup, didn't like yanking on the bulkhead fitting in an emergency.

Beerj said:
So that's on the underside? Where would one find these bulkheads you speak of?
Yes, that's the underside of it. I buy mine from Smiley's Racing which is local, but any of the ones below have them.

pholmann said:
Summit, jegs, eBay or your local race/hot rod shop.

On my old one, I came out of the side but had Liquid Iron put 4 Walbro pickups in it.

photo_zpsd9368ad7.jpg

And a pic of the Alltech baffles