• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How wide is too wide?

I am with sam here--I am about 82" and love it. Only place it hinders is down at the hammerz--other wise its perfect IMO....

Roccrawler said:
not to bad :cool:

I like them because they have multiple holes so use can more fine tune your steering. They come drilled(Hiems) or reamed(1 ton TRE's). Plus the extra holes are an easy place to add hydro assit.

Grommit327 said:
Thats funny....I have exactly the same setup except I have 1.5" spacers and come out to 82"...maybe my wheels really aren't 3.75 BS :wtf:

My wheels might have more backspacing, I honestly can't remember... what tires are you running?

with my chevy i had regualr axels with some 16.5x9.75 with around 4 inch bs that width was perfectly fine the problem was how long and wide the truck was. i dont remember how wide exactly it was but probly right around 82

I was at 81 and nothing really hindered me but the goalposts on BYS in the winter only. Now I am at 78 and will never go back as my rig is still silly stable, but I dont rub through anything anymore.:;

Corey, I looked at those arms for my setup too. But I'm also talking w/Dean at Bent Metal, he built the one hi steer arm that I've got now, and he said he could build any arm length, offset, etc for a kingpin that I wanted. I'm going to run an arms w/slight offset to maintain ackerman, then my passenger side arm w/multiple mounting point options like that PS arm. Only disadvantage to that PS arm is it looks like it doesn't account for ackerman. I only mention this b/c you want to street this rig, but maybe you don't care? I think he quoted me just shy of $100/arm, I'm supposed to call him again today...

leadfoot067 said:
stock gm 60 front..15x8 wheels 39.5x13.50 IROKS 84" bulge to bulge
14 bolt van rear..85" bulge to bulge...goes "most" places

I think "Super Secret" has about the same width, but why? is your rear wider? i guess i figured it woulda been a little bit skinnier? i have a gm d44 up front with a 14botl out of a suburban, and running(well......soon) 39x13.5 IROKs on 15x8s as well

I am at 98" bulge to bulge on the new buggy..............dually dana 60 chev front. 47" LTB swampers. Is this to wide? :redneck:

shotmobile said:
I'm going to be running a Ford 78 HP axle. It measures just under 70 inches. Now with H1 rims I have to run a 2" spacer on each side in order to clear the steering arm and the brake bleeder screw. With that combo and 12.5 wide TSL/SX's I be at 82" wide from outside to outside of the tires. This seems really wide to me. What is everyone else sitting at that is running full widths?
CHOP<
So post up your thoughts and ideas.

FWIW, the “Trails†in Central. Oregon are officially track width limited to 80-inches.
The play areas are open as are the 2-track roads and the limited Rock trails/areas.
However, Edison and reportedly all new trails (per COHOPS if my info is correct) will be 80†that is USFS and BLM.
My current Junk is 80.5 so I only play at the mall:mad: (Fullsize on 35" BFG'z)
I will be well under 80 inches on my Ranger build so I can play in the dirt again.
Just something to think about looking in to before you drop too much coin...

megatoy66 said:
I am at 98" bulge to bulge on the new buggy..............dually dana 60 chev front. 47" LTB swampers. Is this to wide? :redneck:

For you trailer probly :D