• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is it just me or is this bothering anyone else?

Should there be a post count minimum to post a item for sale?

• Yes, must have at least 10 previous posts

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Yes, must have at least 5 previous post

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • No, keep it as it is

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • No, quit your bitching

Votes: 46 49.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JohnG said:
Here is my take. If you made a minimum post count, not only would it be more work for the Admins., but it would create bullshit posts, like "cool ride bro", "Bump for a great vid". Pure post whoring, just to get to the pre-determined number needed to post their **** for sale.

I do try to be sure to get them to follow the rules, by posting a price, picture and location.

Newbies are a fact of life, and every one of us was a newbie here at one time. Most either learn the ropes, love the place, and check it often, or loose interest and leave.
I agree. I had the same discussion on our local forum. One point that was brought up is that these people bring in "hits" on the forum, which is good for the forum and advertising (I don't think Hardline sells advertising or sponsorships, but ours does).

We encourage those type of people to interact, but really it's their loss. They have more trouble selling their stuff since everyone is leery of them.

Im a newbie on posting but been around for a year or so.... this is by far the best forum

i say let them post..... ya never know that newbie might have that one part youve been looking for!!! :dunno:

TBItoy FSB is 75 post and you can't even read the for sale threads until you reach that threshold. I finally have my 75 so I can veiw them is the only reason I know and like John said when I got close I posted a few BS post just to put me over the top.

Re: Re: Is it just me or is this bothering anyone else?

I hate post count requirements on sites as I normally read and learn, but seldom post. All post count requirements do is fill a forum with useless posts. I would much rather have a time requirement.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

th29.gif

I wouldn't mind people signing up just to post for sale ads if they would follow the rules. It says A PICTURE LOCATION AND PRICE is required at the top of the forum, yet almost nobody with a low post count pays it any attention.

I couldn't care less if people never post anything but **** for sale as long as it's good stuff at a fair price

Re: Re: Re: Is it just me or is this bothering anyone else?

Neal3000 said:
I couldn't care less if people never post anything but **** for sale as long as it's good stuff at a fair price

I dunno, I enjoy laughing at the asshats that post a Toyota rear axle for $600, 4Runner tops for $500, Or anyone that posts used **** for more than it costs new!

Re: Re: Is it just me or is this bothering anyone else?

Post requirements do suck, that's why a good/bad seller/buyer thread was started. Now people know who us good to deal with even with no/low post counts.
I've had good dealings with folks with no posts as well as high posts.
Whatever brings traffic, tech, pics and laughs is fine by me :dblthumb: