• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

No more Twinkies!!!

sledneck said:
All the union bashing, and all you do gooders that will work for $7.25 a hour to keep food on your families table (Bullshit), never posted that the teamsters also the largest union involved were willing to take the contract. Never mind the years of mis management when the former CEO dam near doubled the top 7 exec. salaries. Former CEO Brian Driscoll salary went from $750,000 a year to $2,550,000. Good damn them unions...... :flipgotcha: OH wait "top executives of the company also received massive pay raises, including one who received a pay increase from $500,000 to $900,000 and another received one that brought his salary from $375,000 to $656,256." So when Rayburn, a "restructuring expert", took the helm of the company in April, he had four of those top eleven executives at the company agree to reduce their salary to $1 per year, another four agreed to return to their previous six-figure salaries, and three others, along with Dricsoll, TOOK THERE MONEY AND SPLIT!!!!!! Now before anyone starts running off at the mouth. I'm all for a company making profit, thats why we start business's correct? But when is enough, enough? And the CEO is NOT the "business" he is just a small part of daily operations. Its personal greed that is ****ing these companies. Most people want a excuse or someone to blame and the first and easiset thing to do is point at the union probably because there the ones out there fighting for a decent wage. So automatically there in the limelight and we as the public are pretty much going to point the finger at them.

You won't find me defending CEO salaries, but I will say that you have to pay smart people big money to make them want to come into a failing company with small chances of turning it around. If anyone could do it it wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

And even at $2,000,000+ per year, its pennies compared to the overall cost of labor and legacy costs. Just throwing numbers out, but assume each of their 19,000 employees made $30,000/year, which I think is a very, very low guestimate. That's $570,000,000/yr just in labor, not including legacy costs or benefits. I would say that Hostess could sustain a turnaround CEO for a lot longer than they can afford 19,000 overpaid ee's.

Unions defending employees against harsh, unsanitary, dangerous or illegal working conditions are certainly legitimate. It is my understanding these issues were the foundation for the creation of unions in the first place.

I personally am not a fan of unions, from my perspective unions spend more time attempting to strong arm corporations into higher wages and increased benefits, decreasing profitability and growth potential. For every increase in wage a union negotiates, their tale from the workers increases. Unions are a business and are run as such. Corporations have responsibilities ranging from providing equitable returns to their shareholders all the way down to providing competitive wages to employees. When any of these responsibilities are neglected someone will loose. Leading a company is no cake walk, the number of qualified people to hold the position of CEO at a company as large as Hostess is very limited. Apparent extravagant wages to employ a qualified CEO is not absurd.

At the end of the day an attempt to strong arm an employer will never end well. Hostess set a precedent proving such. GM set a totally opposite precedent proving such. If my employees united to strong arm, I would set a precedent as well.

What happened to an honest days work for an honest days pay in this country? The sense of entitlement has run rampant from coast to coast and seems to replacing a sense of pride from a job well done at an alarming rate.

It is a damn shame to see a corporation close their doors, liquidate assets, sell off iconic brand names and put over 18k people out of work when they were a profitable and equitable company. I hope this country learns something from this and realizes nothing replaces and honest days work for an honest days pay.

Bain corp has done this same thing over and over, they were able to make the union look like the scapegoat this time though

The days of unions that protect the workers are for the most part gone. :****: Workers in unions like them because the union fights to get them more. YOU RARLEY HEAR OF A UNION THAT AGREED TO CUT PAY!! That is ****ed up. Workers pay for the unions so for the most part unions fight for the workers not the employers.

I ****ing hate unions. Real men go out and do a fairs days work for a fair days wage.....and if they think the wage is not fair or the days work is too hard they go talk to there boss about it. Face to face man to man.

Not hid behind a third party to talk for them.....especially when the third part gets a cut of the $$$ they get for you. THAT IS ****ING COWARDLY BULL ****. :flipgotcha: Grow a set of balls... man up.... and fight for yours. If you don't have the balls to go fight for what you think is fair it's likley because deep down you know it's what you want .... not whats really fair...it's just what you want. Want in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up first ass hole.

Stop hiding behind your greedy union.......that **** is KILLING my country. Yes i said my country.....as an American this country belongs to me.

This is still a free country....if you don't like your job or your pay or working contitions do something about it. No one is forcing you to work there. Go get another job. But you need to do it.....not join a union and ask them to **** over your employer so that you can get a new boat, or car or whatever.

They call it hard work for a reason....it's hard to do and you won't do it for free. What you don't like hard work? Ok then go to school and learn how to work from a desk if that's what you want.....just ****ing do it yourself asshole.

I think what Hostess did is ****ing awesome. sucks that it put 18K people out of work but it sends a strong message showing that the union can be beat.

I live in an area without unions. While times are tuff in my area I know that I could leave my current employer and find a job the same day. Heck I get new job offers regular!! You know why?? no union bullshit and I have a good name for myself in my industry and area. Anyone that has every worked with me knows that i'm a hard worker. :flipoff1:

Any of you union ****ers can say that? :flipoff1: :flipgotcha: :flipgotcha: :flipgotcha: :flipgotcha:

As others said someone will by the names/brand and keep making that sweet goodness!! The products will live but the union for that company is dead...and they cost the workers that they were supposed to help in the process.

Unions suck!! The sooner you ****ing yankees figure that out the sooner our county will begin to turn itself around. The only way out is hard work......wake up you ****ing wankers.

Union is just one small step up from :afro:. both want someone for nothing. They had a time and place....but that time is long gone!!

My family is out today buying up all the Twinkies that we can find. Two cars hitting all the stores in our area. And no i'm not buying them with food stamps or wellfare dollars. Hostess made luxary items and IMO you should not be able to buy their products with my tax dollars.

Nether of my kids have ever eat'in or even know what a Twinkie is..............but they will tonight.

Unions love dumb ****s that got in their line, you'll follow 'em lockstep off a ****ing cliff. Dumb son's of bitches would rather slit their throats that open their eyes.

Go choke on your ****ing twinkle :flipgotcha:

I was in the teamsters for 5 years at UPS and worked my ass off.....i've been in the CWA for 15 years and i work hard and take pride in what i do.

We have non-union workers now where i work and they get screwed on pay, benefits, hours, etc and they do shitty work.

Hostess was bought out by the Bain Corp. specifically to bleed out every penny and then shut them down. they've done the same thing over and over, and it was going to happen whether those workers had gone on strike or not.

Corperate greed is why all our manufacturing jobs are in china or going to china

Blasé if your kids have never eaten a Twinkie you should be locked up for child abuse!!!!

Elliott said:
Blasé if your kids have never eaten a Twinkie you should be locked up for child abuse!!!!

You have to understand that is a selfish act. His diet is made up of twinkes, ding dongs, cereal, chips and bread sticks. Literally the guy does NOT eat meat or vegetables. He is not much on sharing his delicacies.

Re: Re: No more Twinkies!!!

Friend that is a manager at publix just sold 3 boxes of twinkies on ebay for 438.47. I have 6 boxes I'm about to flip to buy my new 38's. Haha

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

THE GUYrock said:
Friend that is a manager at publix just sold 3 boxes of twinkies on ebay for 438.47. I have 6 boxes I'm about to flip to buy my new 38's. Haha

Damn boys! that there's more expensive than gold! i should've invested in them a few months ago!! :****: :wtflol:

Lol

McKee foods (lil Debbie) makes Cloud Cakes.

Same thing as a twinkie, tastes better, and made by folks in TENNESSEE. Not some damn yanks.

But I bet they wont pull a premium price lije the ones us "yanks" make. Haha. I've had those and they are pretty damn good. There us a bakery in savannahs Abercorn area that makes giant ones too. They were like a foot long

If I could get me a foot long Twinkie I would be like a 18 year old at a strip club for the first time!!!

ratedX said:
ive worked all over th us the union is dam strong up here were not goin anywhere and i never said i was glad obama was back but i got vote for wat will benifiet my sitiuation the best they were both terrible canidates im not arguing anymore were starting to sound like ****ing pirate here

This is what's wrong with the country today - selfish people that don't think about the big picture or the future of this country - they are willing to sacrifice this great nation over some thing that will benefit them directly - what about the thousands of people it's going to hurt? Obama is gaining more control every day because of people like you who are so selfish

WTF every store I have been in today still has plenty of hostess on the shelves, should I buy this stuff and head south for the holiday and set up a road side twinkee stand? ;D

onetoncrawler said:
This is what's wrong with the country today - selfish people that don't think about the big picture or the future of this country - they are willing to sacrifice this great nation over some thing that will benefit them directly - what about the thousands of people it's going to hurt? Obama is gaining more control every day because of people like you who are so selfish
so you want me to give up my career so i wont be selfish nah i was born union rasied union will die union u dnt here me hatin on you non union people so stick a twinkie shaped obfect in your mouth and piss off btw im hammerd peace