• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

No more Twinkies!!!

American capitalism/greed at its finest. The executive's actions is the most damaging evidence of their intentions.

I'd like to know if it was before the strike or after the strike that the executives started uping their salary and benefits???

Heard this morn on the radio that the bankruptcy judge in charge of this matter isn't just gonna let the brands be sold and a liquidation sale happen. It was said that the judge has brought the company and the union reps in to discuss a contract. And I think the strikes happened after an agreement on a contract couldn't be reached concerning the pay cut.

Elliott said:
If they were giving it to you why not?and if they are that far in debt why would you ask for a raise?

They were not giving it for free, it was being offered in place of wages, can you feed your family with worthless stock? And they were not striking for a raise, they were fighting to not have their pay lowered and pensions cut. The unions had agreed to 6 previous pay cuts in the last few years.

Blase said:
Because if the workers there believed in their job and the company that they worked for they would do what it takes to bring the company back to the black.........oh wait I guess caring, working hard and beleiving in the company that you work for is not union thing. It's not just about dollars in your pocket in case you havn't figured that out yet!

Union=Hit it and quit it. :flipoff1: Bleed all you can from a company and then move to the next when it closes.

Oh BTW ...how big a boy are ya? :flipgotcha: laughing1

So just keep taking pay and pension cuts while the handwritting is plainly on the wall that these corperate ****heads are systematically raping the company? Hostess has been in existance for a LONG time, do you think the workers just suddenly said **** it, lets ruin this unhealthy **** product making company and then we can all go find work elsewhere because theres plenty of jobs out there for the taking. Do think all they had to do was work harder on the production line and make extra twinkees and everything would've gotten better?

Greedy Corperate ****s.....bleed all you can from a company then give yourself golden parachuts, then ship the work to China
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/11/19/1215811/hostess-executive-bonuses/?mobile=wt

Btw, i'm pretty scrawny..... could we just fight to the death in our rockcrawlers? First one to explode or be crushed loses skully

Neal3000 said:
So just keep taking pay and pension cuts while the handwritting is plainly on the wall that these corperate ****heads are systematically raping the company? Hostess has been in existance for a LONG time, do you think the workers just suddenly said **** it, lets ruin this unhealthy **** product making company and then we can all go find work elsewhere because theres plenty of jobs out there for the taking. Do think all they had to do was work harder on the production line and make extra twinkees and everything would've gotten better?

Greedy Corperate ****s.....bleed all you can from a company then give yourself golden parachuts, then ship the work to China
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/11/19/1215811/hostess-executive-bonuses/?mobile=wt

Btw, i'm pretty scrawny..... could we just fight to the death in our rockcrawlers? First one to explode or be crushed loses skully

No I don't think making extra Twinkies would have saved the company. But I also don't think that the answer is unions or striking. If you don't feel the company you are working for is paying you fairly go get another job. That's how it works down here with no unions. We have guys that move shop to shop for a $.25 raise. I do realize that up north with all the unions it's harder to do.....that is my point! They hurt more than they help.

If Hostess caved and said everyone back to work at your wages before the strike. No pay cuts, just back to work so we can make that sweet golden goodness....how many do you think would at this point go back to work?

if the answer is even close to half the union ****ed over half of the people that they were fighting for. In this case from what I've read 13K people liked the deal and 5K did not.....the 5K won due to the union....that is straight ****ed up. I'd be hunting down some bakers and beating their ass, taking their **** and selling it to pay my bills.

In this case all the union did was finish killing the company and the workers! The managers in charge of the company have blame in all of this too! They should be run up the flag pole by their sacks and shot. I'm not saying that it was the union alone but the union was the nail in the coffin! The managers would have just filed for bankruptcy and the company would have lived. Such is the country we live in now a days(just like GM that is now "doing great").

BTW:I'm 110 soaking wet with my phone and wallet in my pocket.....but if you allow me to get in my buggy I'll whoop dat ass.......whoop pooowwwwwww
Thanks,

In case anyone cares i've now been to every store I can think of in my area. Large or small they don't have any twinkies. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ Guess i really have had my last Twinkie.....for now.

Blase said:
You must be one of the guys that was running that company molaugh molaugh molaugh molaugh. I'll just switch to Cloud cakes.......Little Debbie is a sexy bitch hitit

My bank account sure wishes so, but my conscious is glad I had nothing to do with it :****:

Blase said:
We have guys that move shop to shop for a $.25 raise. I do realize that up north with all the unions it's harder to do.....that is my point! They hurt more than they help.

I belong to a building trades union, 20 plus years and worked for probably as many different shops, our contract is just a minimum they have to pay. I have quit shops to go work somewhere that offered me more money, I also did this knowing my benefits stay the same regardless where I go. I only wanted to point out that building trades unions really aren't much different than non-union when it comes to mobility or getting ran off for being lazy. We have guys that sit on the out of work list for months on end because their reputation precedes them and contractors wont hire them, some get starved out and have to seek employment elsewhere.

Think progress.org is a radical leftist blogsite connected to Moveon.org and the Center for American Progress which are George Soros funded. It has direct ties to Nancy Pelosi's and Obama's campaign organizations. I would suggest that if anyone is looking to find out what really happened at Hostess, thinkprogress is not the place to go.

doctordick said:
Think progress.org is a radical leftist blogsite connected to Moveon.org and the Center for American Progress which are George Soros funded. It has direct ties to Nancy Pelosi's and Obama's campaign organizations. I would suggest that if anyone is looking to find out what really happened at Hostess, thinkprogress is not the place to go.
Was just about to point that out.

On another token- If I were in charge of Fatty's Lard Co., and this healthy eating **** made my quarterly profits go down... down... down, I believe I'd ALSO take the hint, give myself and my buddies a raise >golden parachute<, and let that motherfucker take it's ride into its own death spiral. You guys blame worthless union ****s or greedy capitalist pigs, dammit I blame michelle obama!!! (intentionally not capitalized!) mrs horseteeth and bloomberg, among others, taxing and outlawing the **** that might take a little of the pain away from being ****ed by the government already... Think about the companies that used to make merry-go-rounds and those plastic six-pack holder-together thingies! Government ****ed them, just like they're doing with the good fat-ass foods! :****:

unions and company sign contract and agree to the pay, if they cant afford it they shouldnt agree to it,they could hire you, no pride having, rats for half money :flipgotcha:

12888_10151265840459513_1503598558_n.jpg

5BrothersFabrication said:
Was just about to point that out.

On another token- If I were in charge of Fatty's Lard Co., and this healthy eating **** made my quarterly profits go down... down... down, I believe I'd ALSO take the hint, give myself and my buddies a raise >golden parachute<, and let that motherfucker take it's ride into its own death spiral. You guys blame worthless union ****s or greedy capitalist pigs, dammit I blame michelle obama!!! (intentionally not capitalized!) mrs horseteeth and bloomberg, among others, taxing and outlawing the **** that might take a little of the pain away from being ****ed by the government already... Think about the companies that used to make merry-go-rounds and those plastic six-pack holder-together thingies! Government ****ed them, just like they're doing with the good fat-ass foods! :****:

Strong letter to follow from the First Wookie.

Y'all some jealous sons a bitches :****:

Calling all us UNION WORKERS mad all the time :wtflol:

Look back over this post and see who was really mad.

I invested 12 years of my life to make the $$$ I do working for AT&T and belong to the CWA Union.

We have taken benefit cuts over the past contracts and now they are trying to cut pay and benefits again.

We voted down the 1st new proposed contract and now looks as if we will vote down the 2nd also b/c all they did was move #'s around.

They do this and point fingers to the economy but like was said earlier, CEO just got largest bonus EVER!

If I loose my job b/c I voted down the contract then so be it.

I'll go work somewhere else like all you that are complaining till I find another UNION job where we are not afraid to ask for pay that is fair for the job!!

Budget YJ said:
Y'all some jealous sons a bitches :****:

Calling all us UNION WORKERS mad all the time :wtflol:

Look back over this post and see who was really mad.

I invested 12 years of my life to make the $$$ I do working for AT&T and belong to the CWA Union.

We have taken benefit cuts over the past contracts and now they are trying to cut pay and benefits again.

We voted down the 1st new proposed contract and now looks as if we will vote down the 2nd also b/c all they did was move #'s around.

They do this and point fingers to the economy but like was said earlier, CEO just got largest bonus EVER!

If I loose my job b/c I voted down the contract then so be it.

I'll go work somewhere else like all you that are complaining till I find another UNION job where we are not afraid to ask for pay that is fair for the job!!

yep rats will take the crumbs. gotta have sum standards and pride.