• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

pet peeves

spidertoy

Mod dude....
about people who think that they KNOW about trucks, when they dont even own, drive, or even want one.

one of the kids that I work with went to the car show yesterday, and today tried to tell me that FORD did not ever make a 6.4 diesel, and that it was in fact a 5.4 twin turbo, upon further research on my part, I did find that FORD is gonna be offering a 4.4L diesel F-150 for the 2009 model year, and that there is supposed to be a 6.7L for the super duty line.

but then again I should consider the source, the same kid told me that a long bed full size was 12 feet long bed length. again this kid has NEVER owned a truck, only hung out at his daddies work place, and saw a lot of trucks, that were getting 12 foot campers...

I on the other hand grew up driving trucks, love trucks, have purchased trucks, and have researched a LOT into the FORD truck line, but I know nothing because he went to a car show:rolleyes:

I've definitely come across people who talk like that. I usually just nod my head and smile (Unless I'm drinkin). But it wouldn't last long with someone I work with..

Last edited:
it does get old listening to the "know-it-all" that has little to NO practical application, I mean if I hadnt put nearly half a million miles on my driving record in trucks, then I wouldnt get so irritated by it, but this kid has spent most of his young life modding crx's and his mustang, but no time in a truck so to speak

I've definitely come across people who talk like that. I usually just not my head and smile (Unless I'm drinkin). But it wouldn't last long with someone I work with..

So you Knot your head? Also why would you waste time researching ford trucks..............everybody knows ford never made a real truck.:redneck:

cause its what I like, and it makes the wife happy, she is not a fan of anything else...

my order of loyalty is FORD, dodge, then shitty... oops I mean chevy, but I digress

cause its what I like, and it makes the wife happy, she is not a fan of anything else...

my order of loyalty is FORD, dodge, then shitty... oops I mean chevy, but I digress

I figured Toyota would be first. I really should rank on Ford so bad cause I own 3 of them, lol:redneck:

So you Knot your head? Also why would you waste time researching ford trucks..............everybody knows ford never made a real truck.:redneck:

blah blah blah, I fixed it before I read yours :kiss:

And ford makes a good truck. (especially in the 70's). Their motors just aren't quite up to par :flipoff: