• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Secret Squirrel"

stompinjab1 said:
After it was done and every one saw it. It was not a secret any more :flipoff: Thats why its just the squirrel now
SHSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!! Its a secret! YOUR not suposed to know about this one!:flipoff: :haha:

For some reason there is alot of moisture in the body of this rig--its the oddest thing I have seen so bare metal spots are slowly getting surface rust on them. So I prepped the tunnel and shot some enamal primer on it to protect it.

jack45.jpg

Since I am still lacking parts to get the front done I figured I would go ahead and get the rear crossmember done. I figured I would do a front range offroad type of crossmember so it will sit above the frame rails totaly. Here is the start of it.

jack46.jpg

I threw some paint the crossmember (damn--ran outa hammerite paint :mad: ). It fits in there nicely and is pretty easy to remove (since I will have to pull all this stuff out one more time)

jack51.jpg

Can't forget there has to be room to fill the t-case :;

jack52.jpg

So for the 4th time I got my shirt caught on the rear of the rig and for the 4th time the rig laughed and told me to F-off. So--I showed it who is boss :flipoff:

jack53.jpg

WOW! I didn't expect that to be .....UH GONE! :clappy:

Mike you never cease to amaze me......Tis looking GOOD! Real GOOD! How much Hammerite do you need.....:D :D :D :D

Hey lookin good but I would strongly recomend plate behind the mounts on the frame. Those frames are as thin as the sheet metal and the torque from the motor and gears will tear it apart. Not your c member but the frame. I've ripped motor mounts and cross members out of the frame.

stompinjab1 said:
Hey lookin good but I would strongly recomend plate behind the mounts on the frame. Those frames are as thin as the sheet metal and the torque from the motor and gears will tear it apart. Not your c member but the frame. I've ripped motor mounts and cross members out of the frame.

Its not done yet :;

And have you seen my motor mounts :redneck:

So I figured it was time to pull the motor to finish that part up. So I got to looking and got a wild hair and decided to make pulling the motor a lil easier :redneck:

jack54.jpg

:D :D :D

This was the first time I had pulled the nose off a sami and it was actually quite easy--even easier with the plasma :flipoff: (for those pesky tight bolts :; ). Plus I want to remove some of the inner fender well and this will make it a lil easier.

Also with the motor out I can get to the firewall to clean up the bare metal spots that are starting to rust up. Turned out pretty good and the color match was pretty damn near perfer--WHOA!!!!!

jack55.jpg