• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

blacksheep10 said:
forgive my ignorance, I put a motherboard in my home comp once, it was like $150. Is a laptop way different? This might be incorrect price memory and might be a decade ago, just wondering.
I don't kmow that much about working on pc's so I have no clue. Would hate to spend more money on it and pay someone to do it, then something else fawk up on it in a few months. I may still try to get it fixed and keep as a backup though. I'll graduate in December with my Associates and plan to do a full online management degree through Athens State, so I'll need a reliable pc all the time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

Bebop said:
My used macbook air (built in 09, bought for $500 in 2011) is still kicking ass to this day.
I always said I'll replace it with another one only when it dies. Still waiting.
Always heard stuff like that, just never can make myself buy an Apple product. Lol.
ROKTOY829 said:
Jd, what internet package are you using on your online classes. I am looking at online classes and thinking about using my cell phone plan, since it unlimited.
What is your thoughts

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I have high speed fiber optic from a local provider. Right now my current classes are on campus, but still posts study guides, grades, announcements, all that **** online through course modules via Canvas. Canvas recently took the place of the older program called Blackboard. However, I have the option to sign up for an online class here and there, I have to have one more History class to graduate and will take it online. But some, I do better in class.

I think online classes will be better at a 4 yr level bc they will be core classes. I took Accounting I online and ended up having to drop it bc it was so hard to learn just by reading a book. Lost my $450 for tuition, bc I only get reimbursed through work if I pass the class. Then took it again on campus, understood all the accounting principles much better, and made an easy A in that class. Some stuff is hard as **** to learn (to me) by saying here's a book, now go do all this homework and take these tests. So I'm hoping getting my bachelors online goes smoothly. A friend of mine done the same thing a few yrs ago and said he managed well throughout all the courses.

As for using your cell phone plan, long as its reliable and you always have good service, should work just fine I would think. My sister and her husband uses his cell phone hotspot for internet in the house they are temporarily renting. Watches netflix and does whatever on their computers with it. Would just suck if you really needed to finish some homework or take a vital test and something crazy happened where your pc wouldn't connect to the hotspot or 4g service was down, or whatever. Of course that can happen with anything, its just good to have a backup. I'll use my hotspot if my home isp fails.

A lot of online classes are also going to where you have to turn webcam on while you take a test online, so they can see you as you take it to try and eliminate cheating and/or someone else taking it for you. Dont wanna have shitty service trying to livestream video and take a test too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re:

Bebop said:
My used macbook air (built in 09, bought for $500 in 2011) is still kicking ass to this day.
I always said I'll replace it with another one only when it dies. Still waiting.

Dude, thats amazing!

Re: Random Thoughts

It's almost comical at this point...

https://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-xp-turbo-s/?utm_source=selligent&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rzr_1803_launch_turbo-s

RZR-XP-TURBO-S

Starting at $27,499

It took til 31 years of age, but I finally did it. I finally forgot my age when someone asked. I told them I was 30...then I was like wait a minute, am I 30 or 31, and legit couldn't remember without counting. WTF! Lol. FACK.....guess it's all downhill from here.

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
Jd, what internet package are you using on your online classes. I am looking at online classes and thinking about using my cell phone plan, since it unlimited.
What is your thoughts

My Ole Lady does all of her online classes off of hot spot with cell service. Our cell service sucks in the tin can (singlewide trailer) also. I bought and installed a signal booster. It works out good for her but the instructional videos sometimes she lets them load 5-10 mins and then starts them to stop the lag. We have Verizon service if that makes a difference to you.

TacomaJD said:
The power bands?

Not sure....I'm guessing he's thinkin of older AUTOMATIC transmissions that required that.

I just said, "Well that sucks, hope you get it fixed. Please go unload the trailer in Door 14 please."

Re:

civicmindedex79 said:
My Ole Lady does all of her online classes off of hot spot with cell service. Our cell service sucks in the tin can (singlewide trailer) also. I bought and installed a signal booster. It works out good for her but the instructional videos sometimes she lets them load 5-10 mins and then starts them to stop the lag. We have Verizon service if that makes a difference to you.

She isn't going to Athens State online by chance is she?

Re: Re:

civicmindedex79 said:
I have Verizon and have great service at the house, with a unlimited plan. Looks like i will give it a try.

I have to go get a copy of my high school transcripts, so i doubt, they will let me in college lol