• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Going-on's

Straight from the DNR

Both the Senate (SSB 5622) and House (HB 1796) versions of the recreation access legislation are moving forward. These bills will be a part of a larger, statewide budget discussion.

Sen. Kevin Ranker, who is sponsoring SSB 5622, has amended the bill based on public input:

• The number of volunteer hours required to obtain a Discover Pass has been reduced from 40 to 24 hours.
  • Campers at Washington State Parks campgrounds are exempt from needing the Discover Pass when they pay for camping.
  • Hunters and fishers who hunt and fish on lands managed by Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) can purchase a WDFW Vehicle Access Pass for $7. Hunters and fishers on lands managed by DNR or State Parks will need to purchase the Discover Pass.
  • The language regarding off-road vehicles more clearly states that non-street legal ORVs- such as quads and certain motorcycles-do not need a Discover Pass in addition to their required ORV tabs. The vehicle that transports ORVs will need to have a Discover Pass.
  • Local entities, such as counties and cities, may require a Discover Pass on vehicles that park nearby but not on state lands.

I've always said from along time ago the this state should have the same laws in regard to forest service roads as oregon and Idaho.....mostly Idaho!!!in idaho you can licence your ATV for on road use as long as you don't take it on major highways, to include county roads,forest service roads!!!I personally woud be happy with being able to drive my non street legal junk on forest service roads in washington !!!!:corn:

I've always said from along time ago the this state should have the same laws in regard to forest service roads as oregon and Idaho.....mostly Idaho!!!in idaho you can licence your ATV for on road use as long as you don't take it on major highways, to include county roads,forest service roads!!!I personally woud be happy with being able to drive my non street legal junk on forest service roads in washington !!!!:corn:
Never going to happen Bill. They can make more money giving out tickets and money is what its all about right now.

:awesomework:
Never going to happen Bill. They can make more money giving out tickets and money is what its all about right now.

IF you get caught...
See, if they pass it where every ORV rig (whatever that may be) is required to have a pass to be legal, that generates $$$$ (Waaaayy more money that's currently generated from tickets I bet....and IF caught without the pass, that still generates the $$ from tickets...a win/win IMHO!!!

So you can,t show me the doc to back your statement. I have and Tod agrees that the RCW does cover orvs

Please reread the RTW post that he agrees with me

You mean this part written by Tod?
As currently written, SB5622 would require the pass on street motor vehicles, trailers, ORV and bicycles.
If it was all fine they would not be re writing it now as shown in Mikes post above.
Seriously Charlie. I can't say this nicely. If you have no reading comprehension skills you really shouldn't be involved with these sorts of things. Let someone who can read and write take care of it for you.:awesomework:

Straight from the DNR

Both the Senate (SSB 5622) and House (HB 1796) versions of the recreation access legislation are moving forward. These bills will be a part of a larger, statewide budget discussion.

Sen. Kevin Ranker, who is sponsoring SSB 5622, has amended the bill based on public input:

The number of volunteer hours required to obtain a Discover Pass has been reduced from 40 to 24 hours.
Campers at Washington State Parks campgrounds are exempt from needing the Discover Pass when they pay for camping.
Hunters and fishers who hunt and fish on lands managed by Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) can purchase a WDFW Vehicle Access Pass for $7. Hunters and fishers on lands managed by DNR or State Parks will need to purchase the Discover Pass.
The language regarding off-road vehicles more clearly states that non-street legal ORVs- such as quads and certain motorcycles-do not need a Discover Pass in addition to their required ORV tabs. The vehicle that transports ORVs will need to have a Discover Pass.
Local entities, such as counties and cities, may require a Discover Pass on vehicles that park nearby but not on state lands.

Yup, it's being re written as I said. The initial version was crap and would have screwed us all. The current version that requires an access pass on tow rigs isn't a whole lot better for people who keep plates on their wheeler and tow it.

Seriously Charlie. I can't say this nicely. If you have no reading comprehension skills you really shouldn't be involved with these sorts of things. Let someone who can read and write take care of it for you.:awesomework:

So all of this so called

:awesomework:

IF you get caught...
See, if they pass it where every ORV rig (whatever that may be) is required to have a pass to be legal, that generates $$$$ (Waaaayy more money that's currently generated from tickets I bet....and IF caught without the pass, that still generates the $$ from tickets...a win/win IMHO!!!

Thats how I see it...

The substitute bill posted on Feb 18 still requires a access pass for all vehicles. Per the definition of vehicle a trailer needs a pass. A wheeler needs a pass. A bicycle needs a pass. Get it!!
Here's a snip from the bill.
(1) The discover pass, the vehicle access
12 pass, or the day-use permit must be visibly displayed in the front
13 windshield of any vehicle:
14 (a) Driving in a recreation site or lands; or
15 (b) Parked at a recreation site or lands.[/QUOTE]

:[/QUOTE]

So now post the definition of a vehicle there rocket