• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Going-on's

Rick look at where the 4x4 user group is with the DNR in comparison to the other user groups.

Even at the non motorized work parties the number 4x4 users doubles the number of non motorized users.

The 4x4 user group is in way better off/closer with the DNR than any other group at this time.
There has been more done by the 4x4 user group than any other to date.

Clearly the 4x4 user group has a better relationship with the DNR than other groups but that doesn't mean we're in any better position that they are. My point was look where we 4x4 users were and where the other user groups were x years ago. We all had a place to recreate. Now look where we all are now, no place to recreate.
To simply say "look where the 4x4 user group is sitting now", if you think about it we aint sitting all that good.:booo:

Clearly the 4x4 user group has a better relationship with the DNR than other groups but that doesn't mean we're in any better position that they are. My point was look where we 4x4 users were and where the other user groups were x years ago. We all had a place to recreate. Now look where we all are now, no place to recreate.
To simply say "look where the 4x4 user group is sitting now", if you think about it we aint sitting all that good.:booo:

Better than the bike and quad guys. The bike guys didn't get what they wanted because they slacked and didn't give the DNR what was needed. If you looked at what they marked and what they "might" get there is a big difference between that and what we are looking at.

Basicly the DNR for the most part worked on the trail plan for the bikes and quads where the 4x4 usergroup stepped up and did the work. Thats pretty much fact.

All ORV groups are doing their part for Reiter. Some people are more noticeable on what they are doing, others are quiet. But are working just as hard. The end result is we all get a place to play. You got to figure that there are people working on this at local, county and state levels. The rumor of the bikes doing something is that just a rumor. The more important thing is that if something does happen, we don

The bike community has done what we could with what was given and the rules imposed. We have trails layed out just like the 4x4 area so I'm not sure what you guys are saying about being in a better position.... The 4x4 users have done more restoration work, decomissioning more trails, Charlie did the trail layout.... Are the 4x4 trails open and not the bike trails? :fawkdancesmiley: A relationship with DNR will go only so far. Goldmark will lock all of us out of areas just the same.

Personally, I will be at Reiter with my Dirtbike on Sunday and I'm sure I wont be alone. :awesomework:

In Minnesota we get a gas tax kick back for all the gas used off-road...the dnr does not spend it wisely but when we watch them closely we have a little leverage. I am a member of the Northern Minnesota Jeepers and our club right now is building the first, yes the first Jeep and truck trail in the state. We have been working on it since 1997...all on rock and still had so much problem with the environmental wacko's that run the MN DNR
I spent about 5 years really being involved with getting it to be a reality and now it is under construction.
I am new to the area and would like to get involved. Typically I have a lot of spare time since I am...well...retired
I look forward to meeting you guys and sitting in on where you guys are with dealing with the DNR here in WA
Bill

I will not sit here and compare ourselves to another. STOP!

And I will not say we (4x4er's) are "further along" than another. STFU!

What I will say is that Reiter will open when it opens, and when/if it does, it will be open to all.

Till then, we support and work......work and support.

I'm confirming that I along with others will be there with our Dirtbikes. I'm NOT saying anything illegal will happen for certain. :;

Nothing wrong with publicizing your point of view.:awesomework: I (we) have no control over what you may or may not do.......have at it.

I will not sit here and compare ourselves to another. STOP!

And I will not say we (4x4er's) are "further along" than another. STFU!

What I will say is that Reiter will open when it opens, and when/if it does, it will be open to all.

Till then, we support and work......work and support.

I completely agree Mark

RTW is starting up the year with the Board of Directors elections tonight. There will be some new blood in the RTW BOD.

Results and meeting minutes to follow.

In Minnesota we get a gas tax kick back for all the gas used off-road...the dnr does not spend it wisely but when we watch them closely we have a little leverage. I am a member of the Northern Minnesota Jeepers and our club right now is building the first, yes the first Jeep and truck trail in the state. We have been working on it since 1997...all on rock and still had so much problem with the environmental wacko's that run the MN DNR
I spent about 5 years really being involved with getting it to be a reality and now it is under construction.
I am new to the area and would like to get involved. Typically I have a lot of spare time since I am...well...retired
I look forward to meeting you guys and sitting in on where you guys are with dealing with the DNR here in WA
Bill

We have the same thing here Bill. Its what is refered to as the NOVA fund. This was the same fund that was stolen by the leguslature last year and will most likly be stolen again this time around since they passed a law allowing them to steal trust accounts for "emergencys" :mad:

I hate to be that guy that thinks he is a know it all.....but hey maybe I do:eeek:

In my opinion there should be sponcered clubs building and maintaining trails, not parks....it is a bargain for the state and wheelers could build the trails...
I spent 11 years dealing with the MN DNR to build the first Grant-in-Aids trail...it was by no means easy but now that one in happening there is hopwe for more
Our club even covers insurance on the trail...we had to be a non profit inc. so that was the first thing we did....
I am looking for the MN DNR official trail building pdf but haven't wound it yet...
Again it was not easy, took a long time and we, a small club in northern mn got er done
has anyone tried this angle yet in this state?
sorry for going on and on.....