• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Safety Reminder

Re:

I want to bring up another area of safety and that is winching. Dec the 3rd i layed my truck over on its side. In the process of winching it over, my buddy was helping with the cable.
We had moved the truck alittle and had to set it back for a moment and reposition the cable.
While the cable was loose the truck slid down hill and caused him to get his finger in the snatch block.
I felt like **** for it being my truck. We do have winch a lot at times and doing it so much we can get complacent with it.
It doesn't take but a split second and a easy task can change the course of a life.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Winching stateside makes me cringe 90% of the time. All I'll say ;D

I need to start wearing my helmet.

Bebop said:
Winching stateside makes me cringe 90% of the time. All I'll say ;D

I need to start wearing my helmet.

Hey hey hey! I carry good recovery equipment! Not my fault no one else does! ;)

**enzo hates d-rings for anyone that doesn't know.. and if you don't have a comp. speed winch, you aren't cool ????

I really need to start getting in the habit of 4 harness'ing up. I really only do it on Jungle Wall and Atomic Ridge.....and I think something at AOP made me do it but can't remember. I think the root cause for me forgoing the belts is just convenience. Mine are old and hard to adjust / latch / uncomfortable. I have some in my white Mustang but they are only 2 inch and I never liked how they felt(bruised chest area from being too narrow), but I like how they adjust and use a typical seat belt buckle to lock.

I'll see what a quick search comes up with. I remember I used to also wear the belts on the StairSteps at Windrock....but I've gotten comfortable with not wearing them. That's pretty much how bad things manifest. :(

tonybolton said:
I really need to start getting in the habit of 4 harness'ing up. I really only do it on Jungle Wall and Atomic Ridge.....and I think something at AOP made me do it but can't remember. I think the root cause for me forgoing the belts is just convenience. Mine are old and hard to adjust / latch / uncomfortable. I have some in my white Mustang but they are only 2 inch and I never liked how they felt(bruised chest area from being too narrow), but I like how they adjust and use a typical seat belt buckle to lock.

I'll see what a quick search comes up with. I remember I used to also wear the belts on the StairSteps at Windrock....but I've gotten comfortable with not wearing them. That's pretty much how bad things manifest. :(

The prp padded 2" arent bad. Ive been running the prp 2" upper and 3" lower harnesses for a while.

The ones in the jeep now are 3" and they feel good once you burn about 150 calories getting them adjusted and buckled. I've tried the "pad" thing on my 2" and didn't like them still. I'm just not manly enough to endure the 2"....I need the full 3! :)

Get you some sewn together (known as H style)

Not gonna lie, that time I was at windrock and you was mashing on it a little and picking a tire up on the stairsteps with just lap belts on it made me nervous. Not really a bad spot, but the penalty for failure could get serious real fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just swapped in a set of harnesses i bought from burkey and man im amazed. I have ran the cheapest ones i could find my entire offroading career and its night and day. They are 100 times easier to use, get at least twice as tight, and are even more comfortable. They were only about 30 bucks a piece more than the cheapos i ran and worth every penny. :****:

What kind of latch are they? I wish they'd just make some big ass Velcro ones! LOL

I mean, if Velcro is good enough to toss a midget on to a wall and stick, surely they're good enough for us!! :)

tonybolton said:
What kind of latch are they? I wish they'd just make some big ass Velcro ones! LOL

The proarmor and prp that I've had were latch-link style. The corbeau in my Tacoma are regular car seat belt buckle type.

These are a brand i hadnt heard of. Pyrotect i think is how its spelled. The lap belts adjust from the opposite direction. You pull toward you instead of away. I was very impressed with how much easier and tighter they are

For those who are in a bad habit of just wearing your lap belts please stop doing it scares the **** out of me also I have found the tighter I am strapped in the better I feel at the end of the day not trying to fight being tossed around in the seat

jccarter1 said:
For those who are in a bad habit of just wearing your lap belts please stop doing it scares the **** out of me also I have found the tighter I am strapped in the better I feel at the end of the day not trying to fight being tossed around in the seat

X2, Tony once you get a comfy set of belts and used to them you'll feel naked without them :****:

I know....I completely understand. I know the feeling. I've been doing 120+ and go into my first turn and you realize a door latch is holding you inside the car because you forgot to put your shoulder belts on. :(

BUG-E J said:
These are a brand i hadnt heard of. Pyrotect i think is how its spelled. The lap belts adjust from the opposite direction. You pull toward you instead of away. I was very impressed with how much easier and tighter they are

Prp will make any harness "pull up style" you have to tell them how long you want the static length part of the lower, so your lap adjuster doesn't end up inside the seat. Very easy to adjust