• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School cost's?

When I was teaching welding, it was $15 a kid, half of which John Q. Taxpayer picked up, and it was barely enough to cover gas and wire. I had to go to the steel companies and beg for drops to weld on. I guess the .edu budget gets spent on keeping the lights on, our mediocre salaries, new school books and computers, and the rediculous salaries of the department of redundancy department.

That being said, I can't wait until RJ starts school in 2 years. Then I'll feel like I'm getting a benefit from paying city taxes (trash/911, niether worth a ****) and county taxes (schools/911, neither worth a ****).

bad80cj said:
It's not really a problem nor am I really complaining. I just do not understand why we a re paying moneys out for classes. I had a heated debate in our local Pell City facebook page and people keept bringing up all sorts of free help to the ones that need it and it got me thinking. If there is money out there to help pay for said situations. Then why the **** is that money not allready in the school systems budget so no one has to pay?
Nah I know U ain't. I Prob worded that wrong. What I was Sayin was I bet the same sorry asses that mooch off the gov get help and don't have to pay. It's the new American way!! To bad we're the wrong type of people to ride that gravy train. Ah, I'm
Not even gettin started. I'm sure we all feel the same way. But I will say that's HORSESHIT!! Public school.. Ha. Maybe they should change the name of it now. I woulda raised hell too. And Prob embarrassed my daughter to death!! Haha

A lot of the classes that use "consumables" do have a fee. My class has a 15$ fee per kid buuuuuuuuut 7/8 of them are free or reduced lunch so like mike said the taxpayer takes care of it. Without that class fee it would be difficult to near impossible to operate.

JohnG said:
Jaedon's (grandson's) kindergarten tuition for private school is $5,800.00 for the 9 month school year.

Around here you have 3 choices.
A. Send kids to a shitty school.
B. Move to an area where housing is considerably more expensive to get your kid in the better school.
C. Pay to go to a good private school.

We chose B. I will spend or do whatever it takes for my son to go to the better school and have opportunities I didn't have. I only get to raise this little boy once.

Re:

When I was in high school, about 7 years ago now, we had to pay around $200 a year worth of fees. book rental fees, print fees, etc. I never really understood why we had to pay things like that when the taxpayers had already paid to buy the things we were being charged fees to use. Classes where there are consumables I understand completely. We were lucky in my welding program and a lot of shops would donate scraps for us to practice, and we did a lot of work for farmers who would donate money for our help which in turn went back into the program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What I typically do in my shop is accept donation of items. I typically try to stay away from cash. I take the accepted shop fees but with people who's vehicles we work on, I give them a list of popular consumables that we use and tell them if they want to make a donation to donate items from the list. I don't have the headache of dealing with the book keeper that way. They bring it in, and it goes directly on the shelf to be used by the students. Easy enough.

pholmann said:
What I typically do in my shop is accept donation of items. I typically try to stay away from cash. I take the accepted shop fees but with people who's vehicles we work on, I give them a list of popular consumables that we use and tell them if they want to make a donation to donate items from the list. I don't have the headache of dealing with the book keeper that way. They bring it in, and it goes directly on the shelf to be used by the students. Easy enough.

I did this for 10 years and got told at end of last school year to stop this and either make them pay or dont do jobs. I tried to explain how the shop come out ahead by taking donations or getting the folks to buy their own consumables but couldn't make the anyone understand it so this year I will be doing very little live work nd let the higher up figure out how im gona get what I need.
I also charge $20 a semester but that last about a wk with metal and consumables the way they are.

wont work said:
I did this for 10 years and got told at end of last school year to stop this and either make them pay or dont do jobs. I tried to explain how the shop come out ahead by taking donations or getting the folks to buy their own consumables but couldn't make the anyone understand it so this year I will be doing very little live work nd let the higher up figure out how im gona get what I need.
I also charge $20 a semester but that last about a wk with metal and consumables the way they are.

It's definitely a challenge that most don't think about.

TheViking said:
422.00 a month a rising that doesn't cover uniform, extras at school, and supplies for class. This is second grade :'(

That's really not bad we pay 600 a month in daycare for our 23 month old. And I'm hoping he will not ever see the inside of a public school after what I've seen with my son that just graduated, I don't agree with the public school in my area at all. And I was a person that didn't see any benefit of private schools until he got into high school 4 years ago. No matter what common sense I try to put in his head, they try to take it out.

Re:

TV and public schools are brainwashing and ruining so many people in this country. I'm a long way from worrying about it but I would want to send my kids to private school.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Public schools will only have a negative effect if you (the parents) allow it. If you let the schools have a more influential presence in your child's life than you do, it's your fault.

I'd agree. As long as your kids respect you and your opinion, and you have honest talks with them and teach them how they should act, a liberal teacher or someone with an Anti-God/ Anti-American agenda shouldn't be able to get to them. Many teachers are charismatic and sound so convincing to a young impressionable mind. As long as your kids can question most things to a critical, not cynical degree and see the path that is right regardless of what is pulling them to the sides along the way, they should be fine. I work too much and my kid bounces around outside the shop/ at my wife's event venue/with grandma too much, so I hope I don't let him stray off the path. He is 6 and is in Christian private school. $300 something a month, meals, uniforms, etc, worth it.