• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School cost's?

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
TV and public schools are brainwashing and ruining so many people in this country. I'm a long way from worrying about it but I would want to send my kids to private school.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ohio has an exceptionally strong parochial school system. I personally feel that the $9,200/year my parents worked (i recieved a school provided scholarship) to send me to a Catholic Cincinnati High School was the best money they could have spent. Strong attention to higher education, discipline, ethics and competitive sports....not to mention i established connections with an array of successfull businessman and mentors.

If my parents wouldnt have paid for it, I would have on my own.

I promise you I can prove otherwise on the public schools in my area, I have had more hands on teaching and talking to my 18 year old than anyone I know, and they still try to brain wash new more "accepting" ideas in his head than I can get out. It's completely aggravating to see society as a whole declining.

i agree with a lot i am reading on here.
Question for ya'll
Home school?
my wife is chomping at the bits to home school our 11yo. I am against it because he is in a good private school and i see no point in pulling him out.
There are a lot of tuition free programs out there. just wondering if any one has had any experience with keeping the kids home all day.

This is a subject that we have to tread lightly on. We've had our hands slapped before for discussing the socially awkward homeschooled kids.

pholmann said:
This is a subject that we have to tread lightly on. We've had our hands slapped before for discussing the socially awkward homeschooled kids.
Everyone knows one of em' though

Have you thought of half a day home school at the private school so they still get thought what you want plus they get social skills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure that homeschoolers being "wierd" is not more so that they just aren't getting changed into the new f'ed up ideas going around.ive got a good friend that his wife is keeping their two boys at home and they seem fine, but they are also involved with a good church. As long as you're around some people I think you would be fine. I really would rather have them around 30 good people than 300 idiots that think that transgender is fine.
I do projects for a guy that his daughter got in trouble last year because after 10 years of going to school with a boy, (that now thinks he's a girl), she will not call him by his new girl name, or refer to him as a she. She was not harassing him, just in casual conversation she still used his birth name. How can you be mad at a good honest honor role student for that, to the point they were threatening to send her home for a spell.

Absolutely no denying that the world has gone to hell. As long as they are around other kids and a good mix of personalities they do turn out fine. My sister does the half time homeschool thing. Her kids are smart and are more socially "normal" than they were when they were full time homeschooled. I think it does take a good mix of personalities though. It's also not a way of thinking that we are calling socializing. It's how to handle situations when different types of personalities present a strong presence or a situation that needs defused, handled, or confronted. The other has everything to do with morals taught at home whether they were home schooled, private schooled, or public schooled.

If all of you were citizens of Mexico and you lived in border towns south of Arizona, such as Augua Prieta and Nogales, your children could go to school in Douglas, AZ or Nogales, AZ for free. In fact, state taxes pay for all of their school supplies, athletic fees, uniform fees, free lunches, and state taxes will even pay for an extra circular activity summer camp for your child; such as cheerleading camp at ASU for kids from schools in Douglas, AZ. Also, all of their classes are taught in Spanish.

So, if you're a United States Citizen and your child attends school with these children from Mexico, they better be fluent in Spanish because the teachers WILL NOT teach in English. A good friend of mine has to home achool his daughter because none of her teachers will speak English while teaching. The school says that they must teach in Spanish in order to give the kids from Mexico a better chance of learning.

Just like I keep saying......y'all back east and up north have no idea what really happens on the south west border and other than the people I work with, no one else in the US has a clue about illegal immigrantion and narcotics smuggling. So, go ahead and keep believing that Pedro, the illegal that work with, is a good guy.

BPINAZ said:
If all of you were citizens of Mexico and you lived in border towns south of Arizona, such as Augua Prieta and Nogales, your children could go to school in Douglas, AZ or Nogales, AZ for free. In fact, state taxes pay for all of their school supplies, athletic fees, uniform fees, free lunches, and state taxes will even pay for an extra circular activity summer camp for your child; such as cheerleading camp at ASU for kids from schools in Douglas, AZ. Also, all of their classes are taught in Spanish.

So, if you're a United States Citizen and your child attends school with these children from Mexico, they better be fluent in Spanish because the teachers WILL NOT teach in English. A good friend of mine has to home achool his daughter because none of her teachers will speak English while teaching. The school says that they must teach in Spanish in order to give the kids from Mexico a better chance of learning.

Just like I keep saying......y'all back east and up north have no idea what really happens on the south west border and other than the people I work with, no one else in the US has a clue about illegal immigrantion and narcotics smuggling. So, go ahead and keep believing that Pedro, the illegal that work with, is a good guy.

I know there are issues down there, but I did not know this. Un ****ing believable

Also....if you read Fox News and see the report about a Border Patrol Agent who arrested for alien smuggling......he wasn't an Agent. He was a Customs Officer......completely different agency. We try not to associate with those douchebags in blue uniforms.

So two kids (stepkids that are like my own) here and this is the first year I have really been in on the info for what it actually takes to send them back to school. Basically like others have said general consumables are $100-$150/per kid. What has surprised me is we have one involved in the high school band. They pay around $260 in fees (attempt to offset with selling fundraiser crap) and then they announce one week before school starts back they have decided to take a band trip to Atlanta and will be an additional $400. Also if I understand correctly still have uniform fees to pay on top of all of this once they decide what uniforms they want.

My whole point to this is that I was surprised and wonder alot how single parents with a couple of kids make it and pay this. I asked the question in general to the kid "what happens if someone doesn't pay for the band trip"? She said "Ah the school always picks it up and everyone goes no big deal." So I guess this is a good thing but what just keeps everyone from saying they can't afford it and also I am sure the more that take advantage of this the more the fees will be next year. Just seems strange to me.