• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

sexy buggy build!!

Such a cool looking rig:awesomework: Yes, dig is also legal in class 3, but I think you will find rear steer is a little more useful in a scale rig.

Thank you :D
I was going to do rear steer on it, but now I am doing rear digs. Still comp legal with that? hmmm.... 2.2 boggers eh? I have run the tsl's and loved them for an all around tire. How do the boggers perform? I just want to build more!! :redneck:

Definitely legal for class 3. the boggers look cool but i havent run them. My favorite tall tire is the 2.2 tsl.

I've been up in Canada workin this whole time......
I Considered bringing it up here and continuing the build, but there has been barely any spare time. I've been working every day that I have been up here. When I get home, it shouldn't take me more than a week to complete it. It was just about there when I left.

I've been up in Canada workin this whole time......
I Considered bringing it up here and continuing the build, but there has been barely any spare time. I've been working every day that I have been up here. When I get home, it shouldn't take me more than a week to complete it. It was just about there when I left.

Right on man:awesomework:...

btw.. WTF ya doing up there? Besides making money thats worth more?:haha:

Right on man:awesomework:...

btw.. WTF ya doing up there? Besides making money thats worth more?:haha:

My company has managed to figure out a way to pay us in American money......:rolleyes:
I am a traveling millwright and sometimes it takes me out of country. By the way, Canada sucks balls......:awesomework:

My company has managed to figure out a way to pay us in American money......:rolleyes:
I am a traveling millwright and sometimes it takes me out of country. By the way, Canada sucks balls......:awesomework:

So your getting Taxed by your own company, then taxxed by the US for working there to... GREAT SCHEME!!:awesomework:

And yes, 2 trips for me and I was done... :puke:

So your getting Taxed by your own company, then taxxed by the US for working there to... GREAT SCHEME!!:awesomework:

And yes, 2 trips for me and I was done... :puke:

I told them I am not working there ever again, unless they boost my pay and perdiam......:kissmyass:

Home now, so time to get my buggy rollin:awesomework:

Got it up and running!!!!

Here it is:

*Stock wraith ESC
*DX3E tx/rx
*3s lipo
*HR Low COG trans w/ 3 pos. Rear Digs
*AX10 axles
*CC BEC
*HH 11T Cobalt puller
*VP SLW's w/ 2.2 Proline TSL's
*CUSTOM Traxxas driveshafts
*Hitech 645 Dig servo

This thing is loud as hell! ...but I have yet to grease the trans gears, so that should kill a bunch of noise after I do that..
This HR trans is very low geared I got a bunch of different sized pinion gears to mess with, to get my wheel speed up, and ended up running a 30 tooth. It took some clearancing inside the case, but it fits! Definately not as fast as my 2sp. Hilux, but it gets the job done. I have never ran one with rear digs before, and I am SO glad I went that route and not rear steer. Maybe I will get a 4 channel remote and run rear steer in the future.... I will be taking it out to get some real time testing and will have a video to post up afterward
Stay tuned...........

If I can get out of going to a stupid bday party my wife is dragging me to i would be up for some crawlin.

If I can get out of going to a stupid bday party my wife is dragging me to i would be up for some crawlin.

That would be awesome.:awesomework: That is where a stunt double would come in nice...:haha:

Just by running mine around my little rock pile at home, it is looking promising. Might not do too bad....There is one issue I need to solve though. Whenever it gets in a bind it just kinda stops all functions. When I pick it up, immediately it comes back. Not sure if it is a setting in my ESC or not. Kinda annoying though.....

It is back on the work bench......:booo: I have the back "full droop" and upon picking it up over and over, my shocks decided to seperate at the lower cup due to constantly bottoming out hard. I am in the process of building some limiting straps, as to not bottom out my shocks and put any more stress on that part. Lesson learned:redneck:

Couple shots of the trans setup:

hrlcog2.jpg

hrlcog1.jpg

hrlcog.jpg

hrlcog3.jpg

I made up some limiting straps real quick. They aren't the best looking part of the rig, but they do their job, until I get the stuff to build some badass ones:redneck:
limitstrap.jpg

limitstrap1.jpg

That would be awesome.:awesomework: That is where a stunt double would come in nice...:haha:

Just by running mine around my little rock pile at home, it is looking promising. Might not do too bad....There is one issue I need to solve though. Whenever it gets in a bind it just kinda stops all functions. When I pick it up, immediately it comes back. Not sure if it is a setting in my ESC or not. Kinda annoying though.....

Turns out the wife was planning on me not going, she figured I would come up with some excuse not to go. :redneck: So looks like I am free for some crawlin on Sunday.

I didn't think that ESC was rated to 3s, too much voltage could be causing the problem. On the FXR, it is rated for 3s, but it says you have to use an external BEC, when I first got my FXR, I was messing around with it getting it setup while I was waiting for my BEC to show up and it would do the same thing you are describing when ever it got in a bind, I know you are running a BEC so it isn't the exact same thing, but I would try throwing a 2s pack on there and see what happens...

It could also just be way too much motor for that ESC...