• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tool storage

Jeepless

Sleep deprived and proud
or Tool boxs.

I have been looking around to find something lighter on the wallet. Currently I am sportin two little rollers, yet I find that most of my larger tools never hit any drawers. I am tired of having a pile of tools here and a pile of tools there FAWK!

Anyone find some deals out there, suggestions? What are you guys runnin?

I bought two stainless boxes from costco.

Cheapest solution for a ton of storage.
I have been eye ballin them for a while...I am not sure I want stainless though. Are they hard to keep clean.

Watch craigslist, I have seen 40-50" brand name (snap on, mac, matco, cornwell) boxes CHEAP.

I have poped on a few times, but seems every damn time I find something I am interested in without having to driving 6 million miles its gone.

I am also tired of the NON ballbering style...:mad:

im running the mac MB1000 with a crafstman BB on top of it,got the mas for 1000 used from my snap-on guy. and got the crafstman for x-mas years ago..

026.jpg

I have been eye ballin them for a while...I am not sure I want stainless though. Are they hard to keep clean.

I have poped on a few times, but seems every damn time I find something I am interested in without having to driving 6 million miles its gone.

I am also tired of the NON ballbering style...:mad:

I never pulled my white plastic wrap off. So, yup, for me it's really easy.

Dean (Bent Metals) has a nice Mac or Snapon bottom box for sale pretty cheap too. He upgraded to a monster box a while back.

I never pulled my white plastic wrap off. So, yup, for me it's really easy.

Dean (Bent Metals) has a nice Mac or Snapon bottom box for sale pretty cheap too. He upgraded to a monster box a while back.

Yeah I thought about that too.....

I have been frequenting the Stupid prices stores in hopes of pickin up a "dented" box but no luck.

I just leave them on the floor or in the cart it just saves time:redneck:

LOL....:redneck:

For good pricing:

Costco has had some good deals on rollaways, also look at Grizzly Industrial in Bellingham. Grizzly has a webcatalog.

The Best alternative to the Tool Truck Boxes is the
"Torin" Box that Cosco was selling last year.
For $900 that box is just as heavy duty as the
Snap-on, Matco, Mac, and Cornwell boxes.
Couple guys at work have them and they are worth it.
88b8b6f9-1c1f-49c5-8.jpg

What kind of $ you lookin to spend up to?:corn:

As little as possible:redneck:...will also be determined by job status and what I find. Will know shortly if the job is in good shape. I want somthing quality, I am tired of fighting to open a draw full of screw drives because it has to much wieght:eeek:

As little as possible:redneck:...will also be determined by job status and what I find. Will know shortly if the job is in good shape. I want somthing quality, I am tired of fighting to open a draw full of screw drives because it has to much wieght:eeek:

Thin out the drawer!!!:redneck:I'm sure half of 'em are either bent, or the phillips heads are stripped!:redneck: Seriously, I'll keep my eye out---you partial to the 2bay benchtop style, or stackers???....

Thin out the drawer!!!:redneck:I'm sure half of 'em are either bent, or the phillips heads are stripped!:redneck: Seriously, I'll keep my eye out---you partial to the 2bay benchtop style, or stackers???....

LOL, most of them are near new, bought a large toolset and a small box, thought I could getaway with it...I found quickly that its sucks to have to sift through all the sockets looking for one or two. This year I bought some organizers and was disabointed that they do not fit in the boxs i currently own. ;)

I am not partial to any yet, I have never owned a big tool box just the cheap one i have now. Just looking around to see if I can stuble across a good deal.:redneck: