• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail closures

what options on trail closuers (seasonal)

• seasonal closure

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Tire size restriction

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • special use permits

Votes: 25 53.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have no problem with the june 15th date for the eastside trails....been coming for a long time.the other problem will be how many people will be at evans or elbe now...

And this.Lets make it clear. Its not a issue as to what I call damage. Its what THEY (FS) call damage. We have no control over that. All we can hope to try to do is to midigate how we deal with it. So far they like their idea best :booo:

you are crazy if you think you can mitigate evidence of us being there...maybe time for you to get a pair of hiking boots you old fart.....wheeled vehicles leave tracks and sometimes even ruts...but as they should on a trail for said vehicles

I saw the pic of you damaging your lawn too!

You can be damn sure that the PNW has a new agenda up their sleeves.

Mark my words. And they are not caring/fighting for us.

X2. Having pokey involved in any way is bad news for all of us.:stirpot:

Originally Posted by CHOP SHOP
You can be damn sure that the PNW has a new agenda up their sleeves.

Mark my words. And they are not caring/fighting for us.
X2. Having pokey involved in any way is bad news for all of us.:stirpot:

What makes anyone think the PNW is there to care/ fight for "us" when "us" are not PNW members?
Bunk have you ever met Pokey?...Pokey isn't bad news for all of us even if we disagree on things. There are way worse people trying to be involved. There's only so many people who are willing to put in the time/ effort to make a difference and the rest of us get to pick one of them or none at all. None at all is a perfectly fine choice to make but don't be suprised when your opinion doesn't mean **** to other people.:cheer:

Bunk have you ever met Pokey?...

Yes i have. I was also in charge of damage control 2 or so years ago when all the 'old guard' of pnw4wda were bagging whore members behind closed doors when they didnt know what was really going on. Clearing that sesspool made me realize the kind of people they are.

For someone to represent a community of people, They must be one of them. Jim is a old school wheeler, He will not change and has his ideal of a 'built rig' that does what he wants. Younger more adrenaline charged wheelers have their own agenda and it is far from Jims. Having him represent anyone but people who have his agenda is not productive.

That's my personal feeling on this deal.

Well, spinning wheels is all I see. Maybe everyone as a group can vote on representatives for each area that would be the point of contact with the FS and be responsible for the area. Sure we would end up doing the jobs of the USFS, but at least we would be policing ourselves and showing that wheelers as a whole can be responsible with our resources.

Maybe some publicity would help. Maybe if said representatives could get with some of the local news channels to do some stories on why we need more land and show them that if it were not for us out there policing these lands as active users they would be overrun by illegal activities.

We know we need more trails, and we need more areas open year round without closures. How can we actively demonstrate this to the USFS without making ourselves or our sport look questionable to them?

I honestly think it will come down to us having to pool funds to keep these areas open to our sport. Funds do not necessarily have to mean money, but our resources as good hard working people willing to share our time. I remember back when we lived here before that Crash and a whole group of wheelers were working directly with the people 'over' Reiter to close off the Wall trail so the rest of the area could stay open, but this did nothing to stop the closure. How can we change these views and outcomes in the future?

These are the things that will help us as a group. We have to learn from past events and go at the issues with solutions instead of bickering amongst ourselves on an open forum that USFS and everyone else has access to. We need to organize like never before and have face to face meetings on these issues to come up with solutions.

I wheel an almost stock Jeep and do not have plans to build a wild wheeler out of it. I have no issues with others who choose to wheel very well built rigs. I enjoy seeing them use the trails just as much as I enjoy using them. Some of my reason for me going wheeling is the 'free' entertainment that they provide as they navigate trails. As long as everyone is using the resources legally then we should all be getting along no matter what type/size of wheeler we choose to use.

Heck, I was on upper 311 and saw a stock rig dig out a hole, well built rig went behind them and dug it out worse. I was not about to even try it. I knew it would be winch or strap. I got my shovel out, spent 5 minutes with it and patched the hole so I could get by without more IMPACT. Was up there the week after and the hole was still filled in and no more IMPACT was evident. These are the things that we, as wheelers, are going to have to do as a whole to keep our areas open.

It could come down to something as simple as- if you know you IMPACTED the trail, get out and fix it on the spot. If we as an entire group would make ever so slight changes as these then I think more external groups might look at us more positively.

I am just brain storming with the rest of you guys. No matter what resolution we choose, it will involve a lot of volunteer work and time to throw at the issues as a group.

Last edited:
doesn't make any difference if we're old school or the "new generation"....everyone on here needs to call or email the forest service let them know what these closures mean to us as a group. would be nice if we could have meeting with them....closures are not the solution..

doesn't make any difference if we're old school or the "new generation"....everyone on here needs to call or email the forest service let them know what these closures mean to us as a group. would be nice if we could have meeting with them....closures are not the solution..

You can show up to meetings and speak your mind... There's tons of meetings... But there is a lack of users that get involved with that part...

It's hard sometimes to make it to the meetings, but you can find time to hit at least the closest to you and get involved... I try and get to some of them when I can in other areas...

I'm at every Elbe meeting, that's why I'm so tuned into what's happening there...

I'll tell you this, over the last couple years, there's a small group that are always at the Elbe focus group meeting... It's always the same faces... These are the people that usually have the most say in what happens...

If you can't make those meetings, then hit up a WOW or PNW meeting and listen to the reports from members that make the FS/DNR meetings...

But there are some 4x4 groups (according to the FS) that think we need closures. Who are they? If they do exist, they need to be tossed out of the 4x4 community.

I think if a trail idea was brought forward in a way that gave hope.
A trail from Index to Sultan basin
Or from North bend to Arlington
Now come up with guide lines for a trail like this

1. The trail is seasonal ( June

Last edited:
I guess in my eyes our biggest challenge is to get everyone on the same page and get them involved as one voice. Heck, in my last two trips to Evans, half of the people that I talked to were not a member of any forum. If members on a forum cannot get together and get involved as one voice, how do we get all of these other wheelers involved with us as one voice?

But there are some 4x4 groups (according to the FS) that think we need closures. Who are they? If they do exist, they need to be tossed out of the 4x4 community.

:haha: I don't know if they mean organized groups of wheelers or just wheelers but I for one support this closure.
Good luck throwing me or anyone out of the 4x4 community!:haha:
:corn:

I agree with this closeure and not because of ruts but because of downed trees. Cant speak for my organization.

Yes i have. I was also in charge of damage control 2 or so years ago when all the 'old guard' of pnw4wda were bagging whore members behind closed doors when they didnt know what was really going on. Clearing that sesspool made me realize the kind of people they are.

For someone to represent a community of people, They must be one of them. Jim is a old school wheeler, He will not change and has his ideal of a 'built rig' that does what he wants. Younger more adrenaline charged wheelers have their own agenda and it is far from Jims. Having him represent anyone but people who have his agenda is not productive.

That's my personal feeling on this deal.

Just to clarify, Joe you have met me once and that was when I came to buy some elec. fans from you. As far as what went on in the forum if I remember right it was one person that had issues with your group I just got to watch and try to keep people from killing each other. Strange thing about that though is shortly after is when you guys really cleaned up your forum and all of your you tube videos dissapeared:eeek:

:haha: I don't know if they mean organized groups of wheelers or just wheelers but I for one support this closure.
Good luck throwing me or anyone out of the 4x4 community!:haha:
:corn:

Don't worry, we won't have to throw you out. Just keep agreeing with closures and we won't have a 4x4 community. I assume the FS meant established clubs, that's what I was refering to. If you're a member of a club that supports the closure, you should quit and take your dues money with you.

I agree with this closeure and not because of ruts but because of downed trees. Cant speak for my organization.

Downed trees? Really?:eeek::haha: Do chainsaws scare you? You could use an axe. I understand people drive around down trees but the solution is to remove the tree, not close the trail.

Downed trees? Really?:eeek::haha: Do chainsaws scare you? You could use an axe. I understand people drive around down trees but the solution is to remove the tree, not close the trail.

So you're signed up for the upcoming FS chainsaw class and will go cut all of the windfall before the masses get there? Sweet!:cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts