• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultimate adventure

Did the Falken tires do any good at AOP? Ordered a set of 38's but it is hard to find anybody who has wheeled them.

This is directly from Robert in the White GMC with the peeling paint. "Tire update.
They still drive awesome in the road, however I've already wore about 1/4 of the tread off in about 3k miles. They are ok in mud, but grip rocks awesome, especially if you heat them up. I abused them pretty good and had no issues except some chunking of the tread from spinning on sharp rocks." That's under a truck that weighed approximately 6k lbs, maybe a little more.

Edit : Video of one of the guys before and after he warmed up the tires. https://youtu.be/pYISbiHtEy4

Thanks for the reply. That's crazy, they are going to sell a **** load of them. Mine is probably under 2500#s and trailered so I should be good. I'll be at aop the 18th for the 4 banger race and should have the tires by then.

Grant117 said:
Did the Falken tires do any good at AOP? Ordered a set of 38's but it is hard to find anybody who has wheeled them.

They did ok. Nothing was doing good there last weekend it was so sloppy.

Grant117 said:
Thanks for the reply. That's crazy, they are going to sell a **** load of them. Mine is probably under 2500#s and trailered so I should be good. I'll be at aop the 18th for the 4 banger race and should have the tires by then.

Are you gonna sell your sticky iroks?

jeeptj99 said:
They did ok. Nothing was doing good there last weekend it was so sloppy.
Was surprised they had video of them going up hill on rock trails after that much rain.

muddinmetal said:
Obviously Nick has dibs, but what size?

37s. If they come up cheap enough the gremlin needs new shoes.

Back on track,

One of these days I'll build another rig capable of UA... Wheeling parks makes the trailer almost a necessity. I like wheeling through trips, but my current driver trail rig is extremely mild... The tacoma in my avatar pic...

The sidekick guys were cool as ****. They came back Saturday night and drank beer with us and showed back up to wheel on Sunday. They were freaking hilarious too.

The tires they were running are a new tire. The 38's are softer than the 37's (from what the tire guys told me). These will not be released to the public till Feb 2016.