• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultimate adventure

Grant117 said:
They can be purchased from Savvy off road. I talked to them Sunday after ua was over to make sure they were the same sticky tire. And like you said the 37's are a less sticky dot tire. For the price hitit
Finally got the Falkens today.

Pumpkin said:
The tires they were running are a new tire. The 38's are softer than the 37's (from what the tire guys told me). These will not be released to the public till Feb 2016.

Re: Ultimate adventure

Supposedly, they're a yellow label sticky IIRC. My friend has them on a TJ and he walked up boat ramp with them at Chocco a few times. I've got red labels and couldn't make it up... But I've got some weird axle hop thing going on.

Savvy said when they switched from reds to Falken they tried them back to back on the same rig in the rocks and the reds hooked up faster. But the Falken tires are supposed to be better in other areas like mud,sand, and snow plus fewer flats. Also supposed to be 3/4" shorter than a 39 red.

They did ok at AOP when we sawhem there. It was a slime fest though not was doing great unless it had a ton of hp behind it.

Re: Ultimate adventure

I'm curious to see how well these work. I watched a couple rigs just book it through large boulder sections at KOH with em. Thought it was great publicity for a Falken sticky

Please give some feedback when you really put some seat time on em.

I'll let you know how they compare to the sticky iroks I'm taking off. We have several trips planned. Local park called Interlake this Sunday will give me a good idea then Redbird for the hi-lift ride next Saturday then Harlan Labor Day weekend.

Like the tires so far. Not as sticky as the iroks but much better in the mud. Pics next to a 39 red. It is a narrow tire, had to use starting fluid to get them to bead up on a 9" wheel. I might get some 8's.

Grant117 said:
I didn't have it with me yesterday but reds I've checked before have been in the 60's

Interesting...so are the 38s currently available or not? Looking forward to seeing some more comparisons...

clemsonjeep said:
Interesting...so are the 38s currently available or not? Looking forward to seeing some more comparisons...
I am going to say yes because they are still listed on the Savvy website. But I would suggest calling them. I was told 200 of them are in the US but the race teams have to be supplied first.

Ordered another tire lastnight for a spare off the web sight and tracking says it will be here Monday.