• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where are they now?

Matt O. said:
I plan to wheel the JK more as my kids grow up, but I have no plans to get into hardcore wheeling anytime soon.

You are doing the perfect parent thing, those kids will only grow up once. Don't miss a day of it. You, sir, have your prorities straight.

This rig is alive and well in Missouri - still looks the same and gets wheeled quite a bit at SMORR. :woot:

B.DRAKE said:
Any body ever see my old rig? The old guy I sold it to lives in Missouri and reckon he still owns it I talked to him a few months back. Wish a 1000x I woulda kept it :****:
bradley.jpg

100_1827.jpg

Matt O. said:
I plan to wheel the JK more as my kids grow up, but I have no plans to get into hardcore wheeling anytime soon.

I can understand this. I made the rhino family friendly and the buggy is gona have a backseat as well.

JohnG said:
You are doing the perfect parent thing, those kids will only grow up once. Don't miss a day of it. You, sir, have your prorities straight.

Yep, I resemble that comment too. A few weeks back my seven year old son out of the blue one day told me this, "daddy I did not like you racing because you did not spend as much time with me as you do now". That did it for me, any thoughts I had about getting back into were gone.

mr.goodtime said:
mountain side off road park

Once you step back from it you realize what is most important. Best decision I have ever made, because as you all know this sport is an addiction. I am sure as the kids grow up they will show interest and I will get back into it. I will never race or get into it at a high-level like I was before.

Chris,
I think the buggy is ugly as **** now, I hate that I changed it, but it was beat to **** and I needed more protection for the hood and cowl. Not my problem anymore.

Re: Re: Where are they now?

I thought the last pics were the new owners doing. Guess I didn't see it right before it sold

Ermahgerd! Sent from my Galaxy3 using Tapatalk 2

bigsilly said:
Yep, I resemble that comment too. A few weeks back my seven year old son out of the blue one day told me this, "daddy I did not like you racing because you did not spend as much time with me as you do now". That did it for me, any thoughts I had about getting back into were gone.

Yall are making me feel guilty, theres a fine line there for sure and i don't see how anyone with kids could race , make all the big rides and fix/ fab rigs and still be a good dad/ husband at the same time......but surely one can still race and trailride a bit and still be responsible to your family? Moderation is the key here, same with anything.

Neal3000 said:
Yall are making me feel guilty, theres a fine line there for sure and i don't see how anyone with kids could race , make all the big rides and fix/ fab rigs and still be a good dad/ husband at the same time......but surely one can still race and trailride a bit and still be responsible to your family? Moderation is the key here, same with anything.

Yeah with racing or even rockbouncing at the level that goes on around here, it is REALLY HARD to not let it consume you. There is so much shop time, travel time, etc. required just to get to the events. Now if your day job involves running a fab shop, it becomes more doable, but for the average guy with family and career it is almost impossible. I never finished KOH as good as I could have done, but I don't regret getting out. It was a fun experience that I will always remember.

Matt O. said:
Yeah with racing or even rockbouncing at the level that goes on around here, it is REALLY HARD to not let it consume you. There is so much shop time, travel time, etc. required just to get to the events. Now if your day job involves running a fab shop, it becomes more doable, but for the average guy with family and career it is almost impossible. I never finished KOH as good as I could have done, but I don't regret getting out. It was a fun experience that I will always remember.
Could not have said it better. I have made lasting memories and have friendships that I know will continue despite not being as involved as I was at the level I took it to.

Cool thread, agree on every level on being consumed but enjoying all the memories and experience's that come along with it ! :dblthumb: I'll likely get back into wheeling for fun a good bit once my Daughter and fiance's kids graduate but right now keeping up with 3 teenager's is a full time occupation and hazard to one's wallet ! :****:

I would like to know what happened to my black YJ. Sold it to a guy in Greer,Sc at the end of 05 and haven't seen or heard of it since
544402_504870512872912_1975070558_n.jpg

480304_504870446206252_1727063938_n.jpg

B.DRAKE said:
Any body ever see my old rig? The old guy I sold it to lives in Missouri and reckon he still owns it I talked to him a few months back. Wish a 1000x I woulda kept it :****:
bradley.jpg

100_1827.jpg

[/

Does the guy live in Walnut Shade?

Anybody seen my buddy's old XJ. Last we heard (2008) it was in Kentucky.

Attachments

• matt's xj2.jpg
    matt's xj2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,138
  • matt's xj3.jpg
    matt's xj3.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,128
  • matt's xj5.jpg
    matt's xj5.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,116
  • matt's xj4.jpg
    matt's xj4.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,105
Cool thread. Like to see if my ol rig is still getting to hit the trails. Really hated to sell but at the time with my new little girl I knew it would sit more then get used so I let her go. Spent many years and money building it but the fun and memories I got from it was well worth it and can't forget getting to make friends with so many crazy fools from here and all over the south east.
e883b808.jpg

climbingRBD.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my right hand.