• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Would you support DNR re-opening (temporary) old Reiter?

Should DNR re-open (temp) old reiter (please read below first!)

• Yes!

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • Yes, and I'd be willing to pledge money to help

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • No, stay out and wait for new Reiter to be built

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Boobies and Pizza!

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
But it might have been flight--it wasn't sustained flight :redneck:

It certainly led the way. It opened up acceptance which led to investment. Investment led to sustainability in ten years time.

Right now the "Reiter Flyer" is grounded. Acceptance and investment are what we are lacking.

You guys make me laugh. The singletrack guys are all gung-ho about this. :haha:

Whether the more vocal people like it or not, something is going to happen if funding doesn't come through. Not sure exactly what... but it'll be even more funny when I see the nay-sayers out wheelin' Reiter again.

You guys go play with your drafts, paper, and flagging. I'll go play on some rocks :awesomework:

Then again, I could very likely be eating crow in 6 months :haha:

You guys make me laugh. The singletrack guys are all gung-ho about this. :haha:

Whether the more vocal people like it or not, something is going to happen if funding doesn't come through. Not sure exactly what... but it'll be even more funny when I see the nay-sayers out wheelin' Reiter again.

You guys go play with your drafts, paper, and flagging. I'll go play on some rocks :awesomework:

Then again, I could very likely be eating crow in 6 months :haha:

Your question is based on "have your cake and eat it too". That isn't going to happen. Now I'll go one step further and say even if funding falls through old Reiter won't be officially open without major changes.
The bike guys can be as gung-ho as they want. History has proven that as a group most of them are clueless.:haha:

BTW legislation has nothing to do with OM opening or not.

Your question is based on "have your cake and eat it too". That isn't going to happen. Now I'll go one step further and say even if funding falls through old Reiter won't be officially open without major changes.
The bike guys can be as gung-ho as they want. History has proven that as a group most of them are clueless.:haha:

BTW legislation has nothing to do with OM opening or not.

Although the bike crowd is much larger than we are and seem to band together better than us for any one given cause and have a better financial backing as well from my experiance:awesomework:

Although the bike crowd is much larger than we are and seem to band together better than us for any one given cause and have a better financial backing as well from my experiance:awesomework:

From my dealings--they are just as clueless...

It certainly led the way. It opened up acceptance which led to investment. Investment led to sustainability in ten years time.

Right now the "Reiter Flyer" is grounded. Acceptance and investment are what we are lacking.

No it opened up ideas and a proven theory--it took allot more to get acceptance. Once to that point it took allot of patience and allot of wasited $$$ and screw ups :awesomework:

In the end they had a plan and stuck to it!

No it opened up ideas and a proven theory--it took allot more to get acceptance. Once to that point it took allot of patience and allot of wasited $$$ and screw ups :awesomework:

In the end they had a plan and stuck to it!

Crash, even you told me you thought part of old reiter was going to remain open... I don't think DNR's original plan was to shut the whole place down before the new area opened up.

Funny though, regarding bikes vs 4x4... when Walker was going to be a seasonal closure, the 4x4 community supported, while the bike community opposed it. The bike community banded together, and hey look! No seasonal closure.

Crash, even you told me you thought part of old reiter was going to remain open... I don't think DNR's original plan was to shut the whole place down before the new area opened up.

Funny though, regarding bikes vs 4x4... when Walker was going to be a seasonal closure, the 4x4 community supported, while the bike community opposed it. The bike community banded together, and hey look! No seasonal closure.

No it was my original opinion the lower area should have been kept open while the upper area/orv park was finished. That was shortly after its closure and before we spent countless hours doing allot of restoration work. Plus that was before the lower area was designated for non motorized.

We have a plan so lets stick with it and not be like the government and be wishy washy. We are better than that.

This is my point exactly the bike community usually gets what the want because of having more folks and being able to push more leverage with force

To discuss this and much more......RTW monthly meeting to be held on Wednesday the 9th at 7pm, Alfy's Pizza in Snohomish.

Come to get informed on the most current news and issues regarding Reiter.

To discuss this and much more......RTW monthly meeting to be held on Wednesday the 9th at 7pm, Alfy's Pizza in Snohomish.

Come to get informed on the most current news and issues regarding Reiter.

the last few i have been too have just been a big argument/bitch fest, i will look for your notes on the meeting instead thanks:awesomework:

the last few i have been too have just been a big argument/bitch fest, i will look for your notes on the meeting instead thanks:awesomework:

I actually might come down to help pitch the plan. Its already gaining momentum (not on this forum) and it'd be good to see where that majority in RTW stand on it.

Btw, anyone who is in support of it re-opening might just want to show up at this meeting :awesomework: