• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yukon Grizzly lockers

poopman

Does anyone know about the Yukon Grizzly locker? What good or wrong with these. Or what locker would you buy for a front Toyota?

i heard theres a few more machining steps done than in a detroit... .makes it so when you snap a shaft it doesnt wipe out the side gears.

First I heard of them was on Marlin's site.Saw a post somewhere that they are smoother operating than Detroit but not much else.

Detroits don't always get wiped out when you snap a shaft...the three that I have broke have done no damage.

I would stick with something that has some real field trials and years behind it.

Detroits don't always get wiped out when you snap a shaft...the three that I have broke have done no damage.

I would stick with something that has some real field trials and years behind it.

I lost 2 stock shafts and no detroit damage.

alloy broke, took out the detroit

I don't know about the Grizzly Lockers, but I have installed a set of the Zip Lockers (their version of air locker) with new gears in a pair of waggy 44's, and seem to be nice quality stuff, and they set up nicely...:awesomework: and so far are holding up well.

I don't know about the Grizzly Lockers, but I have installed a set of the Zip Lockers (their version of air locker) with new gears in a pair of waggy 44's, and seem to be nice quality stuff, and they set up nicely...:awesomework: and so far are holding up well.

How long have you been using these lockers and where you pick them up. Would like to try a set front and rear. What is the price diffrence in these and ARB. Need these quick I want to go wheeling this next weekend

How long have you been using these lockers and where you pick them up. Would like to try a set front and rear. What is the price diffrence in these and ARB. Need these quick I want to go wheeling this next weekend

Randy's Ring and Pinion in Everett:awesomework:

They've been in service for not a very long time (only a few months), but have seen use in the sand at Sand Lake, at Brown's Camp, Walker, and will be heading to Ca for some more sand playin' and trail runnin'...The price was about $75 cheaper per unit, and IMHO, look to be very well made (nice material/workmanship)...The only thing I was questionable on were the air line quick-connects, but so far haven't presented any issues...

I might be a little biased, but I do have a Grizzly in the 9-inch in the back of my Bronco, and have Zips in the D44's in my Samurai. I have had no issues.:D

The Grizzly has been in there for about 6 months now, did take it out for a little bit to test run the 35-spline version though.

The Zip lockers have been in my Samurai for a year now.