• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dad's stang...

Just caught up on everything... Very nice...:cool:

I love the way you put things together Mike... Very clean and thorough...

I agree with Tony about the video, even though I'll probably cry... Hell, I know I'll cry... I doubt there will be a dry eye in the house...

You are great sons for doing this... I'm sure your Dad will love it...:awesomework:

Just caught up on everything... Very nice...:cool:

I love the way you put things together Mike... Very clean and thorough...

I agree with Tony about the video, even though I'll probably cry... Hell, I know I'll cry... I doubt there will be a dry eye in the house...

You are great sons for doing this... I'm sure your Dad will love it...:awesomework:

Thanks. I wish I could be more anal about what we are doing with the car but I have to hold back on some items and do a "good" job.

I think I will be doing some video of the event.

Thanks for the info Pat...

So cranking away and again making good progress and hit the mark I was shooting for.

Washer pump wiring done.

dad163.jpg

My dad got a new washer bag. Its damn soft compared to the hard as a rock oringional,lol.

dad164.jpg

Wiring to the voltage regulator done.

dad165.jpg

Passenger side corner

dad169.jpg

Main relay done. I fused(fusable link) every power circuit. One thing that I have noticed one thing that was lacking.

dad170.jpg

dad171.jpg

And down to the alternator.

dad172.jpg

So the only thing left in the wiring is at the ignition coil, both battery cables, main ground and starter cable.

My dad had been watching the webcam everynight and I got a text close to 11:30 and he was in ahh over what was happening--talk about a good feeling.. Ok time for sleep..

So tonight was a little slower of progress but progress none the less..

I got the new valve cover put on. I still prefer the stock one all painted up--but my dad just loved it.........

dad173.jpg

So time to lay on my back. I got the new hat put in and its in there solid now.

dad174.jpg

I got all the un-needed holes in the firewall sealed up

dad175.jpg

Here is the new firewall mat with needed areas (at least I thought so at this point) cut out.

dad176.jpg

I chose to slit it in a few spots rather than pull stuff out(steering colum/brace). So once in place I just used some spray adhesive and put it back together. The only hole I had to add was the upper heater hose hole.But thats in and done.

dad177.jpg

So I had looked at options for upgrading the braking ability and talked it over with my dad. For now we are just going with stock stuff and before there big trip next year down Route 66 we will look at some upgrades(disk brakes). So for now will be stock. But I got the new master cylinder installed and line from the master to the Tee made.

dad178.jpg

So tommorow if all goes as planned I will have the system bled/brakes adjusted and tires on and back on the ground.

...before there big trip next year down Route 66 we will look at some upgrades(disk brakes).

When you are ready to go w/ discs, if you don't want to mess with upgrading to power you can run a MC from a Mustang SVO ... it bolted right into my Cougar, and is setup for non-power 4wheel discs. I just put the discs on the front, and run a Wilwood 10lb residual valve for the rear drums. I have a disc brake 8.8 to put in the back, so when that goes in I just have to take out the residual valve, and will have non-power 4 wheel discs.

When you are ready to go w/ discs, if you don't want to mess with upgrading to power you can run a MC from a Mustang SVO ... it bolted right into my Cougar, and is setup for non-power 4wheel discs. I just put the discs on the front, and run a Wilwood 10lb residual valve for the rear drums. I have a disc brake 8.8 to put in the back, so when that goes in I just have to take out the residual valve, and will have non-power 4 wheel discs.

I will remember this :awesomework:

Thanks kev and charlie...

So I dug out the freshly painted HVAC case and made a new seal around the motor(seals to the firewall).

dad179.jpg

And installed it--man that looks soo much better than when I pulled it out. I also used the support bracket that was there(was not used prior)

dad181.jpg

dad182.jpg

dad183.jpg