• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fawking Russians - Hurricane Gustov

Thanks. What do you think about me riding my bike down. Is it safe to park around in that area or should I go in the cage(car)?

bike should be safe as most hotels down there have parking garages....it will also be easier to get around town and park closer to where you are trying to go....however cars are a good idea too because you can never tell when a stray rain shower will pop up down here....we have a great saying when people talk about the weather down here....Visitor says,"Damn the weather sure is nice today"....Local, in response says,"wait 5 minutes, it will change"

Rain is no problem. Me and the wife was in Key West on the bike when Katrina was hitting. Got home day and half before the storm hit Rode all the way home in massive wind gusts and heavy rain. Cars where pulling over it was raining so hard. 1600 miles in 2 days=ill wife.

Here are a few suggestions:

Breakfast: Cafe du Monde on Decatur St. located across the street from jackson square and st. louis cathedral(beignets and cafe au lait)

Lunch : K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen Restaurant (authentic cajun food) or get the real NO experience and take the streetcar down St. Charles (wifey should like the streetcar thing) to Superior Grill on St. Charles (spanish food). You could also just walk around on Bourbon as most of the restaurants will have menus posted outside but be sure to take side streets if you see restaurants on them. Royal St. is a good one to take (walk towards the river).

Dinner: The Court of Two Sisters Restaurant on Royal St is a must. There is more than one entrance to this place so be sure that you are going into the nicer dining one, it is also a nice place to have a few drinks at night. Galatoire's Restaurant on Bourbon is very good also.

Good times: Preservation Hall Jazz Club (brass band playing real NO jazz) or The Court of Two Sisters. There are many places on Bourbon so just walk around until you see something that interests you and go on in.

If you have anything specific that you would like to know about let me know and I will try and get some info on it.

Thanks for the help. Will def. check some of those places out. thumb.gif

Staying at the Pelham Hotel.

Latest posts