• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Generators

poolman

What are you guys running? I need some big enough to run the air and everything else in my camper. Something quite, not a neighbor hater 2000... What's the best bang for the buck??

Honda 3000

I can run camper on 2k but won't kick ac on..... 3k will.

Found mine used on Craigslist.

The guy at my local RV shop warned me about using a generator to run AC on campers I didn't pay much attention to him be cause my motor home came with a generator but it was something about the fluctuation in power from regular ones you get from lowes or construction type.
Anyway do a little research maybe talk to a RV shop I think maybe a inverter type might work but I'm no expert :****:

Chuck19 said:
The guy at my local RV shop warned me about using a generator to run AC on campers I didn't pay much attention to him be cause my motor home came with a generator but it was something about the fluctuation in power from regular ones you get from lowes or construction type.
Anyway do a little research maybe talk to a RV shop I think maybe a inverter type might work but I'm no expert :****:

Thanks Chuck, I don't know much about them but I definitely want one that I can't hear and is big enough for a large camper. :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Edit, not large like your giant condo on wheels!! :****:

I have a new Yamaha 2400ic and it works great. Its super quiet and runs everything in my camper. Used for three days last weekend. Will run the ac, refrigerator, and lights. Its really good on gas to. The Honda 3000 is a great machine also.

poolman said:
What are you guys running? I need some big enough to run the air and everything else in my camper. Something quite, not a neighbor hater 2000... What's the best bang for the buck??

That's funny I was just going ask the same thing.

1tonrenegade said:
I've used a kipor 3000i has the smart throttle hell it will idle most of the time

I've called everyone I know and they say get the Kipor and the smart throttle saves a ton of gas

CHASMAN9 said:
Harbor Freight's Predator 2000, their version of the Honda generator for under $500. :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

I don't think a 2000 is big enough, but you have had good luck with one of these??

poolman said:
I don't think a 2000 is big enough, but you have had good luck with one of these??

I think mine is a 2500 and runs my 28' trailer with A/C and compressor/ welder, outlets, etc. And it was $1500 less than the Honda and just as quiet. thumb.gif and yes, it has been good to me so far. There is a week of Storm sales that is tax free as well and you can purchase items tax free.

CHASMAN9 said:
I think mine is a 2500 and runs my 28' trailer with A/C and compressor/ welder, outlets, etc. And it was $1500 less than the Honda and just as quiet. thumb.gif and yes, it has been good to me so far. There is a week of Storm sales that is tax free as well and you can purchase items tax free.

Thanks! :dblthumb: