• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Small Generators

L

lowbudgetjunk

I have been leaning towards a small Honda eU2000, though the price is a little spendy. Anyone have luck with any other 2000 watt generators or is the Honda the only way to go?

The unit so going to power a small A/C on a truck camper when it's hot outside and be used to charge up the house batteries as needed. I like the fact that the Honda is fairly cheap on gas and that it is really quiet, just hard to get over the $1000 price tag when I bought a $550 camper.

bad80cj said:
Honda oh and Thanks for B-fast yesterday. Good to see ya again brother.

Thanks for stopping by.....hopefully I can button up all these projects and be riding again by September....hopefully

I've got the yamaha version. You can usually find them about $100 cheaper than the honda. All the specs are identical.

I have a very old 2000 series and it has been a very reliable workhorse. Its probably mid 90's and still runs like new.

Ive got a 7500 watt Honda, just want something i up to the task that's also quiet.

I may have saved a few bucks on a trailer, so I may have a few dollars left over for a generator.

I was wondering Bout the 3000, but it looks like I could get two 2ks for that......since you have one, would you do it over again with two 2ks or stick with the 3k?

lowbudgetjunk said:
I have been leaning towards a small Honda eU2000, though the price is a little spendy. Anyone have luck with any other 2000 watt generators or is the Honda the only way to go?

The unit so going to power a small A/C on a truck camper when it's hot outside and be used to charge up the house batteries as needed. I like the fact that the Honda is fairly cheap on gas and that it is really quiet, just hard to get over the $1000 price tag when I bought a $550 camper.

Lots of good info at this link on using an EU2000i to run a TC a/c unit. Note that the 2000 will not run some of the larger (11,000 and 13,500 Btu/hr) units. Also, they have less capacity at higher altitudes. Our EU2000i has worked great to run the 11,000 Dometic a/c unit on our TC. But, it is right at its capacity and I can't run it in "Econo Mode" because it will kill the motor when the a/c compressor kicks on. Many people go with a smaller (7,500 Btu/hr) Coleman Polar Cub if they plan on runing it with a 2000. Also, forget about running anything else when the a/c is on.

I've been very happy with our 2000. Its about 10 years old. The only problem I've ever had with it is it sometimes is difficult to start after setting up for a while. That has always been easily cured with a tank of fresh high test.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/27.cfm

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/search/parms/sw%7Beu2000i%7D%7Ckm%7Bexact%7D%7Ckl%7Bm%7D%7Cfm%7B27%7D%7Cpd%7B365%7D%7Cma%7B%7D/sr/1.cfm

lowbudgetjunk said:
I was wondering Bout the 3000, but it looks like I could get two 2ks for that......since you have one, would you do it over again with two 2ks or stick with the 3k?
Im goin thru the same thing, getting ready to buy me one, after going to RBD this year with my camper, i carried my Generac 3600 with me, that sombitch was so loud i had to cut it off! went down for Shamrock and borrrowed a buddys honda 2000, ran all night on a tank of gas, and could not hear it inside the camper! I would rather buy 2 of the 2000 and link them together and have 4000 watts for the same money than the 3000, plus the 2000 are very little and light to move around!

I looked at that one. Had good reviews, but at the end of the day I went for the 4000w instead for under $300. I don't expect it to be as quiet, but they do have a legit muffler on these new ones so it should be ok.

I'd love to buy a Honda, but I am not much for camping, and the only time I've used a generator in the last 10 years was during the ice storm this year. That was what convinced me to buy a generator in the first place. I couldn't justify the money for the amount I expect to use it.

may want to check out kohler the have several new models out that are made by Yamaha with kohler badges on them our rep came by today and the look pretty sweet and are cheaper than Yamaha branded units

The EU2000i is rated at 2,000 watts peak load and 1,600 watts continuous load.