• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Generators

My brother just bought a champion 4000 from lowes. That's the loudest sob I've been around. I'd deffinetly stay away from those.

blacksheep10 said:
http://www.harborfreight.com/2000-peak1600-running-watts-28-hp-797cc-portable-inverter-generator-carb-62523.html
This is all I can find right now for the "quiet series" on HF. Don't see a 2500 on their site anywhere.

The little one linked here claims 66 db and the big one above for half price (not inverter) claims 70db in the coupon ad

I've got that Predator in the 2500 series and paid $499, in my opinion it is the best choice for the money and I cannot hear it running outside my trailer. thumb.gif

Also consider the amount of fuel it holds, make sure it will last all night if your using it for heat while sleeping. It's no fun to getting out of a warm bed to pour fuel in your heat source

Re: Generators

xjcrawler said:
Do you have a part number or link to this model?? Thanks!

We have HF stores in Knoxville. Neither one of them had the 2500 and both told me they couldn't get it from another store? I really wanted to look at one in person

86chevota said:
We have HF stores in Knoxville. Neither one of them had the 2500 and both told me they couldn't get it from another store? I really wanted to look at one in person

So is it discontinued?

I rolled the dice on a champion 3400. Runs 3200 constant. Bought it from Lowes. After my military discount it was around $900. Seems to be good for now. And it's very quiet.

Those harbor freight 20% off coupons cannot be used on generators, I got a 2350 generac that's pretty quiet and it will run my compressor, never tried a/c on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zjman said:
Those harbor freight 20% off coupons cannot be used on generators, I got a 2350 generac that's pretty quiet and it will run my compressor, never tried a/c on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know that. It's still handy for small runs to grab a few things and get a free screwdriver set to toss in a drawer somewhere.

Dragging this back up. Not sure is anyone would be interested but Ebay has these generators that are refurbishied but are from CPO outlets. I have bought alot from CPO outlet and havent ever had a complaint. Thought it was a pretty good deal for anyone still looking.

zvve6q.png

Yea no kidding. I just went back and tried to find a link to it and it is showing $420 now. That is crazy I thought most of these were 24 hrs deals. If I can find a direct link I will post it back up. My bad :dunno: