• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How big is yours? I wanna know.

kushKrawlin said:
Would that Happen to be the 1400+ dollar fuel cells I have seen while looking for cells?

I bought mine locally from Smiley's Racing, it's a (19x19x8) 8 gallon circle track cell for $169. I got the ball valves and pushlock fittings from work for added safety.

http://www.smileysracing.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=7116&c=1276#

I used the supply as a return and put a bulkhead fitting directly in the bottom. I already had the Alltech baffles from when I built my last cell as extras, as I had to buy 2 sets for the Jazz 22 gallon in it.

http://www.alltechmotorsports.com/accessories.html

photo-63.jpg

I would also suggest to mount it independently, rather than integrally. Build at a minimum a cradle and use angle iron or straps over the top, rather than tabs welded to it.

I have a really nice fuel cell that I would like to sell. It is the one from Matt0's buggy. Custom fab'd aluminum with baffles and everything. S&S fab made it. It is 12 gallons

Re: How big is yours? I wanna know.

I use a Polly tank from sandparts.com. Cylindrical shape they come in many sizes.

Just go on and get a 35 gal fuel safe and be done with it! Dual pumps and pickups just incase! This route you only fill up once a month or so!

I have a RCI 19 gallon. I fill it up and it will burn about half a tank over a full 3 days of wheeling. Of course I have a 22re though.

Guys just finally getting to building my cell and I am glad I looked here. I see that everyone says foam is bad but do you use anything else to help stop the sloshing?

Thanks for all the good info in this thread.

Re: Re: How big is yours? I wanna know.

GT_Buggy said:
Guys just finally getting to building my cell and I am glad I looked here. I see that everyone says foam is bad but do you use anything else to help stop the sloshing?

Thanks for all the good info in this thread.
Yes, a few post above it mentions alltech motorsports sales plastic baffling.

Re:

Sounds kind of crazy but I think I remember reading something on Pirate of a dude that put a bunch of plastic wiffle balls with the holes in them in his cell

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I put some baffles in mine that also act as strengthening webbing in my cell. I cut half circles in the bottom where they were welded to the inside for fuel to flow through but still should stop the fuel from sloshing too badly

Both my fuel cells go to a catch basin in the bottom. The Solo Buggy also has cross bracing to force fuel to the basin/sump.

You said the word build. The options are limitless. If you are starting from scratch you need a larger sump on the bottom with a smaller entry hole above it with baffles running at angles across the tank to force all of the fuel down in the hole into the sump. Then you can also put antislosh plates crossways

Re: Re: How big is yours? I wanna know.

Mortalis5509 said:
Yes, a few post above it mentions alltech motorsports sales plastic baffling.

Thanks, yea looked at those as well. Seems quite pricey for small pieces of plastic. Has anyone had issues not running anything in the tank?

So is it cool to have a sump on the bottom and the feed line at the bottom as well? Seems like extra work for the pump to have to pull fuel up out of the tank.