• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Huntin

Trainwreckinseattle

mr tool shed
Ok so I've been thinkin bout this subject for a while now. This spring there were a ton of rabbits hoppin round my shop property and I've always wondered what they might taste like.

Anyone know when, what, how, bla bla bla about killin wabbits?

Ok second question. I picked up some property in Marysville and it backs up to a beltway that goes on for quite a distance. It's in the city limits but there are tons of apple trees, pear, plum, etc. There is a creek close, a small lake pond, swamp thing, and grass fields for days. I was up talkin with the concrete guy and he said he saw a nice size buck and I've seen a bunch of doe, tons of rabbits, coyotes etc. I think I even saw some bear ****? They do **** in the woods right?

Bla bla bla, Can I hunt on my property? Bow maybe since it's in the city limits? Can I gather up apples and put them in one spot to bring even more deer onto my property?

I don't know ****, but would share if someone wanted to show me how to skin and cut up one

Oh and does anyone know If I get some pheasant or grouse or other birds will they stay in the general area? Any info on that would be cool too !

:eeek:
:hi:

Ok so I've been thinkin bout this subject for a while now. This spring there were a ton of rabbits hoppin round my shop property and I've always wondered what they might taste like.

Anyone know when, what, how, bla bla bla about killin wabbits?

Ok second question. I picked up some property in Marysville and it backs up to a beltway that goes on for quite a distance. It's in the city limits but there are tons of apple trees, pear, plum, etc. There is a creek close, a small lake pond, swamp thing, and grass fields for days. I was up talkin with the concrete guy and he said he saw a nice size buck and I've seen a bunch of doe, tons of rabbits, coyotes etc. I think I even saw some bear ****? They do **** in the woods right?

Bla bla bla, Can I hunt on my property? Bow maybe since it's in the city limits? Can I gather up apples and put them in one spot to bring even more deer onto my property?

I don't know ****, but would share if someone wanted to show me how to skin and cut up one

Oh and does anyone know If I get some pheasant or grouse or other birds will they stay in the general area? Any info on that would be cool too !

:eeek:
:hi:

frist off WABBIT is very good....:redneck: in the city limits a bow would be a great way of killin wabbits, just use blunts on the end of your arrow you can find them in your local bow or sproting goods store, as far as cooking them fried like chicken is one way or on the barbie with your fav. bbq sauce..
second for rabbit would be a really nice pellet rifle always nice-n- quite:D
baiting for deer,bear is illegal, but putting salt out isnt deer love salt and so do elk.. but you always throw out a few good apples out thar with that salt.:rolleyes: like i stated earlyer being in city limits a bow for the deer,yote's and bear would be best..
Rabbits are very easy to skin. gutem frist put a knife cut in the fur on the back then just peel the skin to the head just past the neck, then lop the ol head off. they also quarter real easy..
Possibly if you got some young chicks and planted them early in the season and theybecome hearty and survive the winter and other prey they could reproduce and very well stay on the property.
if i was alot closer i would love to come up and hunt some wabbits and school ya on some killin and skinnin, Growing up on a farm in missouri we hunted and ate what we killed..
hope any of this helps you out :awesomework::beer:

get a copy of the game regs,,, otherwise you may be eating those wabbits, deer, ect in the county jail

Helped out a ton.

Ok so I can't put out more apples or move them, but I should be able to make damn sure all the apples fall off the trees :redneck:

Anyone know if I still need a permit to kill a deer on personal property?

Last edited:
the regional fish/game office is in Bothell IIRC

wally world, jerrys surplus, any sporting goods dealer....

look for the bear hunting post...

Ok, I'm not looking to hunt bear lol.

But thanks for the info. I'll have to stop in there tomorrow.

Anyone close by that knows how to skin and quarter rabbit?

mopar(340shorty) is correct... sorry i left out the part about checkin the regs, Rabbits you need a small game tag to hunt them, and the same for deer .. deer season opens sept.1st..:awesomework: rabbit may be open year around but check your regs..
anything i posted earlyer was not intended to be assumed to poaching animals!!! i play by the all rules to the hunting regs.:beer:

Last edited:
General old timer rule is only kills kills rabbits in months that contain an R. Something about worms and the such, don't know if its true, but I follow it.

General old timer rule is only kills kills rabbits in months that contain an R. Something about worms and the such, don't know if its true, but I follow it.

this could be true cause when growing up we really only hunted rabbits in the winter months...:drooling1: damn now i'm craveing rabbit....:mad:

Deer and elk can be baited to hunt but bear may not.

Rabbit season is sept. 1st to March 15.

Salt is leagal to use to attract deer, but Cob works better ( go to the feed store for Cob).

Deer and elk can be baited to hunt but bear may not.

Rabbit season is sept. 1st to March 15.

Salt is leagal to use to attract deer, but Cob works better ( go to the feed store for Cob).
since when?
and in what state?

never tried cob, probably would work good on the east side for mulies and white tail..but these black tail not sure about.. where do you find cob at?

never tried cob, probably would work good on the east side for mulies and white tail..but these black tail not sure about.. where do you find cob at?

Del's, or any feed store.

Read the Regs, it is only illegal to bait for bear's (and maybe cougars, not 100% sure on cougar).

Here is a hunting forum that can provide a lot of information.

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php

Ok so it's only 25 for a rabbit licence and 50 for deer. I'm going down Monday for those.

If I got to beat em with a stick I'm getting some rabbits and deers. Only problem is I have no idea what to do after that. LOL

Anyone who hunts deer ever really run into mange, or wasteing, or the other blood diesases that makes them sick? Or is that a pretty rare thing?

Dude, if I was a deer or rabbit, and saw you out in the woods in full camo, I'd probably die from laughter!!!:fawkdancesmiley:
Naw, just kidding!!:D Hope you enjoy your newfound interest:awesomework:---Just don't get discouraged if you don't get a deer your first yr out (pretty rare to get one the first time out!!)...rabbits on the other hand....IF you don't get a bunch, well I just won't know what to say!!!:redneck:

camo?

**** I was 30 feet away from two fairly large bucks this morning. They hardly took notice of me, and they only ran away when the framer started up the generator. I'll have to take some pictures and post them. They just stand there with a dumb look on their face.

:haha:

Last edited: