• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hunting season

Nothin for me in the early season missed a cow with my bow, waiting for late season. Time to let some arrows fly:awesomework:

Good luck with modern season over there on the eastside i just spent all of muzzleloader deer season over there in twisp. And the last four years i hunted modern over there. Muzzleloader season was sweet though i seen maybe five rigs on frost rd the whole time. And only passed two rigs on thompson ridge. We seen lots of two points. My buddy shot at one three point and a dandy four at the end of the lake on frost rd. But didnt connect. Muzzleloader season over there was nice there was nobody there. We pretty much had the place to are selves. Well anyways good luck and happy hunting.

Last edited:
I never hunted that area but i have heard of some nice deer coming outta there. I think there were some pictures of some nice bucks on the wall in the Antler in twisp last year from around that area. Good luck. Even if you dont shot one its a nice break from the everyday grind on this side of the mountains. Its nice and peaceful over there.

On another note I have killed five racoons that have been getting into my trash can over the last two nights. Boy, those buggers are TOUGH, it takes no less than four .22 rounds in the melon to stop them. One of the big males took six two point blank.

Hunting around Mazama this year was a bust. The damn wolves have moved into that area and its a ghost town. I seen one wolf on Monday and tracks to at least 4 other animals at a different location. F' this state. I'm going to Montana next year. :mad:

Hunting around Mazama this year was a bust. The damn wolves have moved into that area and its a ghost town. I seen one wolf on Monday and tracks to at least 4 other animals at a different location. F' this state. I'm going to Montana next year. :mad:

I hope you shot it, I also hope you won't tell me you shot it, I never shoot wolves, but if I did I would use frangible rounds :redneck:

I had the range (452yds) and the windage (4mph left quartering) and was just about to squeeze the trigger when he entered a narrow band of trees. I waited over half an hour for him to pop his head out. But the fugger kept hiding. :mad:

I had the range (452yds) and the windage (4mph left quartering) and was just about to squeeze the trigger when he entered a narrow band of trees. I waited over half an hour for him to pop his head out. But the fugger kept hiding. :mad:

I can't believe they are introducing wolves here, especially after what has happened to the elk herds in Montana and Idaho, wolves just kill for fun and decimate the deer and elk herds, why do they think we wiped them out to begin with :mad:

I can't believe they are introducing wolves here, especially after what has happened to the elk herds in Montana and Idaho, wolves just kill for fun and decimate the deer and elk herds, why do they think we wiped them out to begin with :mad:

I've "heard" they are reintroducing, but are they really? Or are wolf populations just coming back? Im asking this as a serious question, because I dont know the answer, and am interested.

I mean if they we're reintroducing without doing the proper studies and such, that could blow up big. Lots of people could and would loose research funding and jobs.

Last edited:
I've "heard" they are reintroducing, but are they really? Or are wolf populations just coming back? Im asking this as a serious question, because I dont know the answer, and am interested.

I mean if they we're reintroducing without doing the proper studies and such, that could blow up big. Lots of people could and would loose research funding and jobs.

Yes, they are reintroducing them, there is a program at the college I'm attending that is tracking and studying them, I've pondered disguising my feelings and joining the group so that I can find out where they are, I do know the ones being tracked are around the Kettle Falls area, and my buddy that lives there really wants to know their location. :redneck:

from your link

Exactly. Jaydog is making it sound as if an organization is introducing them. I am just seeing if there is any proof to someone reintroducing them, not just here-say.

If people are, it could be a huge deal, but I havent seen any evidence to say that they are.

I used to go to Montana every year for 20 years. The tags were cheaper for a non resident than it was here for a resident tag.. You get deer and antelope also...