• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lawn Mowers

patooyee

I'm looking for a push or possibly self-propelled mower. I went and looked at Craftsman today and they were total pieces of plastic ****. Then I looked at consumer reviews online which confirmed my suspicion. What is a good brand for a small lawn that is made of actual steel and other ferrous metals as opposed to plastic?

I've had a Husqvarna self propelled for many years. Still works fine and no complaints from me. Although i haven't read any reviews online, so that may be a different story :****:

That's what I've been doing but recently he went up on his price so I shopped around only to find that he was the lowest in town. Down here in FL we have to mow almost year around and I was only paying him to do it every other week when it really needs it every week. So for 1/4 of what I currently pay and 1/8 of what I NEED to pay him yearly I can buy a mower, make my wife do it, and spend the savings on wheeling trips. :)

patooyee said:
....make my wife do it, and spend the savings on wheeling trips. :)

Keep us posted on how that goes :****:
Ive tried that and, well.... i still mow the yard :gtfo:

Rokcrler said:
Keep us posted on how that goes :****:
Ive tried that and, well.... i still mow the yard :gtfo:

It takes an hour to mow my yard. Believe me, I've considered the alternative. She volunteered to do it though, so we'll see. :)

patooyee said:
I can buy a mower, make my wife do it, and spend the savings on wheeling trips. :)
double your savings and don't get self propelled then you can cancel her gym membership :dblthumb:

Hands down Honda. My dad has had several over the years and when I bought my first house he bought one for me, that was in 1998. That mower is still in use by a young guy I know that bought his first house a couple of years ago. Find a Honda dealer, not Home Depot, and buy there. That way IF you need service you will have a good shop to take it to.

Got me a Huskee (tractor supply) off of Craigslist 5yrs ago for $40. Has mowed mine, the neighbors, and the lady up the road yards for 5yrs. Not a bad investment and when it dies I'll hit up CL for another one.

Damn...must be nice to have a yard you can push mow! ;D Takes me almost three hours with a 41 horse tractor and 7' finish mower.....and now my wife had trees added so say the times gonna increase! :****: More :drinkers:!

johneddie said:
Damn...must be nice to have a yard you can push mow! ;D Takes me almost three hours with a 41 horse tractor and 7' finish mower.....and now my wife had trees added so say the times gonna increase! :****: More :drinkers:!

I used to have a yard like that and it sucked. We had two huge industrial ride-ons and it would take my brother and I riding around all day every Sat. to mow it and then we would spend most of Sun. trimming it. We wasted most of our Junior High weekends doing that. I will never have a yard that big again. Or rather, if I do, it will not have grass. I will pave it all, just leave it dirt, or fill it with ****ing marbles, ANYTHING but grass! LOL!

Or better yet, just have a gigantic ****ing shop!

Im not sure about push mowers, as our yard is too big to push, but we have had alot of luck out of john deere, i really like the deer with the honda engine combo

I had a small lawn care business on the side for the last few years, and I used a cheap Troybuilt push mower as a trim mower. It worked great. It still will start with one or two pulls.

Get a used 48" snapper rider. Cut that hour down to 10 minutes. Mine was about 2 hours with a pusher, and with my rider, I'm done and drank a beer within 25 minutes now.

Mower I got is 20 yrs old and runs like new. ****er starts first use of the season on the second pull every year..

y2knole said:
Get a used 48" snapper rider. Cut that hour down to 10 minutes.

x2

I've only got a cheap John Deere from Lowes (Briggs engine) 42" cut and it takes me about 30-45 minutes to mow my little half acre lot, but usually stretch it out to about an hour because I just enjoy ridin around drinkin beer in the sun lol.

smbroady82 said:
Im not sure about push mowers, as our yard is too big to push, but we have had alot of luck out of john deere, i really like the deer with the honda engine combo

I thought real John Deeres only came with Kawasaki engines and the ones from Lowe's (like mine) have the Briggs engines? Through quick web searching, about all I could find is where Deere and Honda signed an agreement to sell Honda power equipment at John Deere dealers and also do factory service on the Honda stuff they now sell. Couldn't find anything on the integration of Honda engines in Deere products. However, I did find where there is a direct bolt in replacement Honda engine kit for some Deere models.