• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lawn Mowers

Unlike ya'll *****-whipped bitches, I only mowed the lawn twice this season, my wife did the rest just like I said she would. The first time was when we were in a bind and about to have friends over for dinner with a dirty house. I mowed while she was inside cleaning. The second time she was laid up in bed sick. So 99% of all wear and tear was done by her. Is she ignorantly rough on ****? Maybe, I wasn't hawk-eying her as she mowed. But as hard on her as I am, I wasn't surprised at any of the broken stuff. Like I said, it was all just the plastic crap that I knew would break anyway. Plastic has no place on lawn mowers and rock crawlers.

But yes, I am hard on **** in general. :) I'm not posting pics of lawn mower damage. Half of it you can't even tell where plastic is missing anyway.

3 yrs, 3 mowing seasons after John Deere LA 115 bought new and only changed the oil and plugged one tire. Pretty happy with my purchase. :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Lawn Mowers

Hey now, I know I'm whipped, but the wife can't cut straight lines so she don't touch the mower!
I wish I had coin for a good mower.

Echo make a good straight shaft weedeater. Is around $200 and it's commercial grade. I work for you and last. Comes with a speed feed head as well. I've seen them at Home Depot as well as any mower shop that sells shindawa and echo products

maqeqy9a.jpg

This one

Crappy craftsman user here too. Theyre not the best but work well on residential lawns. No problems in 3ish years on my small tired rear wheel drive propelled.

Just an update:

I limped by on the shitty mower for the rest of last season and then tried to use it again this season. It no longer starts with the push button OR rip cord. So I finally took it in to use the extended warranty. They told me there would be a $50 inspection fee and repair would be performed up to $175 without my permission. I was like, what did I buy the warranty for then? They said it would be 5-7 business days and they would call me. 7 days went by, no call, so I call the 800 number they gave me which goes to their customer service center in China where no one speaks Engrish. There they told me that my mower had departed the Sears store that I dropped it off at that day, had been sitting the entire time. 7 more days go by and I call back again. It is now at the "wepair" center waiting on parts ordered. They are unable to tell me what parts or how long they are expected to take, or even if they plan to charge me for the "wepais." I asked how I would know when I could have my mower back and they literally told me, "When it is wepaid you wiw weceive it back." I asked to speak to a manager. They said they could not connect me to one but they would escalate my call to one who would call me back within 24 hours.

I will never buy a Craftsman mower again. If they send this bitch back with a bill I'm just going to let them keep it. It's not worth the $50 inspection fee much less anything else.

I hate to hear this. Funny part is after 7 years or so mine died last week as well. I have the stuff to do a tune up on it and see if it can be brought back to life. Good news is we finally got moved and I got ALOT more to mow now. Bought a new Hustler zero turn last week. Maybe it will be a good mower and hang in there also

I like going to pawn shops and yard sales for mowers. I usually get a better deal at a old lady's house that has a dusty mower that has not ran in years. Usually a quick carb cleaning fresh gas and maybe a spark plug and its ready to use. Found they are generally made of metal due to being so old.

I have a Troy built non propelled push with honda motor. Was $199 on sale at lowes.

Going on two years now cutting my dads house, about an hour to cut, and since we moved to our new house last September.

Our new house takes a solid two hours to cut. Thick centipede in front and fescue in the back. Great mower for the $$$. All steel deck, changed the oil and the plug this spring.

I Cut both yards march- November, and it's easy to transport as I can lift it into the truck bed by myself.

No self propelled crap to fail. Honda engine deals with the ethanol gas ok, starts on first pull every time.

If I remember right, it is 21".

Re:

Fyi my old junk ass 2010 model Deere 42" LA115 from Lowes is still running like a champ...only changed the oil in it once! :****:

Well since no one at Sears can tell me if I'm ever getting my mower back I'm going to shop for a new one again. Well, new to me I guess. I'm going to look for a used, very small riding mower now. I'll sell my Craftsman if I ever see it again. What should I be looking for in a riding mower?

patooyee said:
Well since no one at Sears can tell me if I'm ever getting my mower back I'm going to shop for a new one again. Well, new to me I guess. I'm going to look for a used, very small riding mower now. I'll sell my Craftsman if I ever see it again. What should I be looking for in a riding mower?

The word commercial. I will never buy another mower unless its commercial grade. I have a buddy that has an old mower with a perkins diesel. Has a million hours on it and just keeps going.

I have been keeping my eyes peeled for a good hd mower also, and they are few and far between for a reasonable price. I have a 1980 International 582 Cub Cadet that is seriously stout, cast iron transaxle, cast iron beam axle, shaft drive with a real clutch. International red and in awesome shape. Only problem is the horizontally opposed Briggs twin is toast, not rebuildable, and apparently there is nothing it can be replaced easily with. Front and rear weird tapered shafts on the crank, front drives the deck. I wish I could find a similar mower or a good engine, but I reckon they were all worked to death cause I cant seem to find one.

I have owned a few, Exmark 60 zero turn, Walker, and bunton...I think the commercial upgrade is worth the extra. As you have seen the decks and anything attached to it wear out. Obviously if you buy used you have to get it checked out...nothing worse than buying someone's pile o ****.

Are you sold on a riding mower or zero turn?
What is the budget?
Do you have a lawn mower shop locally that can be on the lookout for a good, used, maintained mower that they would recommend?
Whatever you buy used, get someone to look at it..they will know exactly what might wear out and if its worth the squeeze.

To me there are cheap throw a ways(home--bog box) and commercial units.

Just an update, I still don't have my mower back. All Sears can commit to is that they can not tell me when it will be repaired. We are going on 3 months now.