• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lawn Mowers

Re:

My neighbor let me use his grandfather's grasshopper that he has been working out. Hydrolic deck with plastic spacers for setting the deck height. The deck sits out in front of you. No telling what a new one cost, but pretty bad ass though.

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
My neighbor let me use his grandfather's grasshopper that he has been working out. Hydrolic deck with plastic spacers for setting the deck height. The deck sits out in front of you. No telling what a new one cost, but pretty bad ass though.

The front deck mowers like the Grasshopper work great. They don't seem to beat you up as much as a zero turn. I have a 72"cut 4wd Ransomes with a 26hp Kubota tha I will probably end up selling because we are moving to a place with a smaller yard.

im surprised no one has mentioned it but im pretty impressed with my snapper walk behind. same findings you had though, lots of plastic fru fru **** broke off, but none of it effected the usability.

but you said riding so that does not help much,.

If you have been using a walk behind then an old Snapper Comet rider would be perfect, if you can find one. They are smaller riders with like a 24 inch deck and usually an 8 or 10 horse Briggs engine. Easy to work on, all metal, super tight turning radius and K.I.S.S. built. Great for smaller yards. Snapper built versions of these things for like 30 plus years so parts are available anywhere. Hell you can damn near buy all the parts at a flea market.

44BRAND said:
If you have been using a walk behind then an old Snapper Comet rider would be perfect, if you can find one. They are smaller riders with like a 24 inch deck and usually an 8 or 10 horse Briggs engine. Easy to work on, all metal, super tight turning radius and K.I.S.S. built. Great for smaller yards. Snapper built versions of these things for like 30 plus years so parts are available anywhere. Hell you can damn near buy all the parts at a flea market.

That's great intel and sounds like exactly what I want. Thanks.

the little snapper rider I got is gotta be twice as old as I am, and hasn't let me down once :****: You can fix one of those things with a hammer and some bubble gum

Re: Re: Lawn Mowers

FlatlandFSJ said:
the little snapper rider I got is gotta be twice as old as I am, and hasn't let me down once :****: You can fix one of those things with a hammer and some bubble gum
X2

I even had one that I swapped a 25 hp V twin on, (orig 8hp single...)/ you couldnt bog it down with the 24" cut even mowing knee deep field grass. And it would pop wheelies like a dirt bike.

I bet my dad and granddad had 10 of those snappers .. Remember when they changed the handlebars ? From the Harley sportster look to the new and improved plastic figure 8 looking thing... Dam memories... :'(
#missyoulilredsnapper

kushKrawlin said:
I bet my dad and granddad had 10 of those snappers .. Remember when they changed the handlebars ? From the Harley sportster look to the new and improved plastic figure 8 looking thing... Dam memories... :'(
#missyoulilredsnapper

Hell yeah when I was a wee feller I used to "help dad mow" ie stood in the handle bars and rode around.

One of my earlyest vivid memories is riding standing in the bars and watching my grandma crash our farm truck into the smokehouse, get stuck against it, and gun the hell out of it and tear the B pillar out of the truck :woot:

JJ, don't forget the snowplow attachment
product_6850_500.jpg

http://www.snowblowersdirect.com/product-images/product_6850_500.jpg