• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

lets talk lockers...

Jeepless said:
what is the benifits of using the e-lock ?????

Selectable locker (a la ARB) but without the need for a dedicated air supply or vulnerable air hoses since it uses an electric solenoid. IIRC, it also has the benefit of staying in position once engaged. i.e. It doesn't require constant pressure from the solenoid to keep the locker engaged (ARB does) so if something goes wrong, it can be engaged or disengaged manually.

I have heard some complaints that it's relatively slow, but I don't have any first-hand experience.

We have decided to go aussi in the nose and just spool it in the rear for now.

Since we are not regearing the rig we will go cheap and then once the rig has been on the trail then upgrade the easily upgradable items

Jeepless said:
what is the benifits of using the e-lock ?????

its slow to engage and disengage and the motors like to go out and to replace the motors is like $350 :flipoff:

Last edited:
Wow, what a mix of opinions!

welded f/r....I have to first start by saying give a welded f/r rig gas to get around a corner is bullshit.(especially in his setup;no hydro etc.) You ever see this work on the rocks in a akward position? Didn't think so.

ARB's.....The only people who have airline problems are those who don't take the time to route them correctly. If you don't get stingy with the zip ties and take your time to think about were your routing them you'll have 0 problems.

ez-locks etc.....Broke them and seen to many break.

E lockers....No personal excperience,but enjoyed watching my buddy Luke pull out his blanket everytime we went wheeling to engage it.(It's wired now:))

welded....**** worked for me.

Any type of locker used has failed someone. I think that around here it would be worth spending the $ for a selectable locker up front. It will probably save some other damage at least one time. The rear is just prefrance, but if on a budget I say WELD the rear and spend your $ on a SELECTABLE UP FRONT!

Get some Longfeilds if you don't have them already. If the 30spline's are to much $. Try to find some used 27 splines. Longfeilds are invaluable.