• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

TacomaJD said:
Posting the racist stuff has been warned about many times.

I had really been trying to ignore it, but the unarmed black man was way over the line. The reason I locked it was to stop that trend. Then I moved it to a private area to do the editing. It took a while to edit all 16 pages.

JohnG
Admin.

JohnG said:
I had really been trying to ignore it, but the unarmed black man was way over the line. The reason I locked it was to stop that trend. Then I moved it to a private area to do the editing. It took a while to edit all 16 pages.

JohnG
Admin.

That isn't even racist.... What f'n white guy would have been outraged at that same picture with a white man? No one but the guy in pic most likely. That is some overly sensitive politically correct bs to me

If Josh Dean took off his leg and put it on top of another rig right before they climbed a hill, and someone took a picture with the caption, " Josh Dean has a leg up on the competition" , would that be racist?

NO

I'm one of the least politically correct people around, but no matter how you want to justify it, at face value it could easily be considered racist. Context is everything. And unfortunately, face value can be influenced by preconceived notions of intent based on the atmosphere which it existed. In this case, it was posted on a forum inhabited by mostly white men that live south of the Mason Dixon line. Not that there's not a stereotypical assimilation between southern folks and racism which isn't entirely true but again, at face value, it lends itself to the scrutiny of those who may be more sensitive to the issue at hand.

As offroading progresses and people keep searching for the next big thing in tech etc, more and more google searches will point people this way. I think it only benifits everyone that it's not known as "that place" and keeps vendors, builders and other contributing members here without apprehension. I feel John is proud of this place and treats it as a child. And in true parental fashion, is guiding it away from self-destructive behaviors.

Or not...

Beerj said:
I'm one of the least politically correct people around, but no matter how you want to justify it, at face value it could easily be considered racist. Context is everything. And unfortunately, face value can be influenced by preconceived notions of intent based on the atmosphere which it existed. In this case, it was posted on a forum inhabited by mostly white men that live south of the Mason Dixon line. Not that there's not a stereotypical assimilation between southern folks and racism which isn't entirely true but again, at face value, it lends itself to the scrutiny of those who may be more sensitive to the issue at hand.

As offroading progresses and people keep searching for the next big thing in tech etc, more and more google searches will point people this way. I think it only benifits everyone that it's not known as "that place" and keeps vendors, builders and other contributing members here without apprehension. I feel John is proud of this place and treats it as a child. And in true parental fashion, is guiding it away from self-destructive behaviors.

Or not...

At face value it is just a picture of a black man with no arms... YOU make it racist. Public opinion says it's racist... Public opinion got us Obama and dudes kissing in public :****:

But yes, JohnG typically does a fantastic job with this forum, more just & fair than probably any of us would have been, but of all the awful sh*t on the internet, I though that one was pun-ny , not racist

Ya got me. It's just a picture but in context, it's pushing what some would consider acceptable. In my opinion, it was funny. But in today's society, the words "unarmed black man" is a touchy subject. One that I believe JohnG would rather this site not necessarily have affiliation one way or the other.

I got a pretty good buddy that's black and I think he'd laugh his ass off at that. Gonna show it to him next time I see him. Not all black people are overly sensitive and lack a sense of humor. Those are just all the ones the media will show you because we're supposed to hate each other. I grew up around plenty of black people that could appreciate a funny joke about black people.

But I don't really have much tied up in this forum like JohnG does so I suppose if he ain't comfortable with it, it's gonna go away.

Is it me or has hardline getting less and less post? Maybe I check to often? :dunno:

hayitsray said:
I blame it on all the negatively!!! A man can't post a cool pic of a 4x4 super cool part without a bunch of hate but idk ???

Why is it hate?
Why can't you post a picture of something and explain how and why?
:flipgotcha:

onepieceatatime said:
I got a pretty good buddy that's black and I think he'd laugh his ass off at that. Gonna show it to him next time I see him. Not all black people are overly sensitive and lack a sense of humor. Those are just all the ones the media will show you because we're supposed to hate each other. I grew up around plenty of black people that could appreciate a funny joke about black people.

But I don't really have much tied up in this forum like JohnG does so I suppose if he ain't comfortable with it, it's gonna go away.

I have a buddy too that would laugh at that. But he also dressed up like a KKK member this year for Halloween. Everyone for a couple hours was like dafuq someone dress up like that for? Then he took the hat off and everyone was busting up laughing the rest of the night cuz a black dude wore the red KKK suit

hayitsray said:
I blame it on all the negatively!!! A man can't post a cool pic of a 4x4 super cool part without a bunch of hate but idk ???

You are hurting Hardline in so many ways... if you had any integrity you would leave and never come back

86819b56d296b47578b5e90c0d8fb238.jpg

14 hours into an 11 hour drive with your mother-in-law, wife and two small children is not a great ride. But it is over and officially half past beer thirty.

And more random......anyone else chuckle to themselves at the thought of adding random thoughts to random posts? Or is it just the caffeine talking?

Tues worked 2:30-midnight, in bed at 1:15, asleep by 1:45.

Ol' lady gets home from Florida at 2:15, I get back to sleep by 2:45.

Wake up at 5am, leave at 6, in Lexington by 8:45, back to work in Knoxville at 11:30, work til 9.

From about 6pm til 9, all I wanted to do was sleep. Now it's 1:30am and I'm wide awake and on Hardline. WTF??? :dunno:

Sounds about right....I've been up for way too long. Eating Asiago Cheese Crisps and Creamy Spicy Pepper Jack Cheese widethefuckopen. I had 2 monsters and 4 redbulls and 2 cups of coffee. The nasal decongestant was daytime bullshit too. I feel like eminent heart attack in 5,4,3....... :dunno:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Sounds about right....I've been up for way too long. Eating Asiago Cheese Crisps and Creamy Spicy Pepper Jack Cheese widethefuckopen. I had 2 monsters and 4 redbulls and 2 cups of coffee. The nasal decongestant was daytime bullshit too. I feel like eminent heart attack in 5,4,3....... :dunno:

In my dumber days, after an all night drunk, on the way to work (still drunk, and highly irresponsible) I chased a 5 hour energy with 2 Rockstars. I've never done meth, but I imagine that's what it feels like. I felt like my chest was going to explode and I could have fawked a vicious tiger and come out unscathed. The Superman feeling.