• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

We rotate days/nights each time we go in. 7am/pm-7:30am/pm

Ex. Monday-Tuesday day shift; off Wednesday-Thursday; Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights; off Monday-Tuesday; Wednesday-Thursday days; off Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Its a constant rotation. Work 2 weekends a month and off 2. Now that schedule will throw you body off!

Re:

I've been driving the 2am-2pm shift for over a year now and my body still can't get used to driving when the sun comes up. No matter how much sleep I got the night before I have to pull over and shut my eyes for 30 minutes almost everyday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Most people say I'm crazy, but I prefer my night shifts 10 to 1 over my day shifts. I sleep a lot better after night shifts than I do before day shifts. Plus the added bonus of all the management dickheads not being there on nights is nice.

j-mox said:
We rotate days/nights each time we go in. 7am/pm-7:30am/pm

Ex. Monday-Tuesday day shift; off Wednesday-Thursday; Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights; off Monday-Tuesday; Wednesday-Thursday days; off Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Its a constant rotation. Work 2 weekends a month and off 2. Now that schedule will throw you body off!

That's similar to my schedule. I work 6:30a-6:30p or 6:30p-6:30a.

My schedule is on a 28 day rotation. And I'm only scheduled to work 14 of those 28 days.
Work 4 night shifts Friday-Monday.
Off Tuesday-Thursday.
Work 3 day shifts Friday-Sunday.
Off Monday.
Work 3 night shifts Tuesday-Thursday.
Off Friday-Sunday.
Work 4 day shifts Monday-Thursday.
Off Friday-Friday (aka long weekend)
Then the whole thing starts over on Friday night shift.

It will make you feel like **** sometimes, and your sleep schedule will be screwed up all the time. But for me it's worth it. If you just work your scheduled days the time off is great. And there are also a lot of opportunities for OT if you want it. Last year I worked 975 hours of OT. But that was a Complex Shutdown year so that number was a little higher than normal. From September to October I worked 43 straight night shifts.

Re:

Yup....the lack of micromanaging is such a huge plus.

I honestly think if more people tried to work the night shift they would be like "why do we need those managers in the first place!?"

I'm usually 4 10's mon thru thurs daylight. Just put in 14 hrs last night and gonna do it again tonight. Then back to daylight on monday. Working the big clock makes it worth it I guess.

Beerj said:
Judging by the angry face I assume you've got beef with some kids?

No, my 4 year old did a kamikaze attack from behind and damn near choked me out.

Son, of, a, bitch. I just got out of my truck and a crow **** on my coffee. I should just go back to bed.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Beerj said:
Son, of, a, bitch. I just got out of my truck and a crow **** on my coffee. I should just go back to bed.
Yeah that's gotta be some kind of bad sign

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I got to the bottom of it. There is an electrical substation adjacent to our job trailer. One of my employees threw a rock at it which frightened the crows that were roosting there for the night, effectively scaring the **** out of them. I have been reimbursed with a fresh coffee, probably less than 2% spit, and all is well in the world.