• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

Zjman said:
There's a bunch of local used car lots that goes over to pa and buys all their trade ins, and most I've seen are ones that won't pass inspections so Ohio gets the clunkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I could see that. Lots of dealerships offer the "we'll give you 3k on your trade-in no matter the condition". I figured they got scrapped but I suppose they're worth more as a road worthy vehicle in a more laxed state.

What's the process on titles in the name of deceased, specifically of an old model car? We need to sell that old mid 60's model Galaxy that was her dad's to get it out of the way.

1.) She is not sure we will even be able to find the title

2.) It will be in her dad's name and he passed away last year.

Will she have to file for lost title even if she is able to find it? Or could she just sign his name on the title and let it ride? Would it get caught? Just need to know how to go about it.

TacomaJD said:
What's the process on titles in the name of deceased, specifically of an old model car? We need to sell that old mid 60's model Galaxy that was her dad's to get it out of the way.

1.) She is not sure we will even be able to find the title

2.) It will be in her dad's name and he passed away last year.

Will she have to file for lost title even if she is able to find it? Or could she just sign his name on the title and let it ride? Would it get caught? Just need to know how to go about it.

Alabama doesn't require a title at all on a 60s car

muddinmetal said:
Alabama doesn't require a title at all on a 60s car

That's what I needed to hear. So it's literally as easy as someone paying us for it, signing a bill of sale, and that's all?

As soon as I can get over and get some pictures of it, I will list it.

TacomaJD said:
That's what I needed to hear. So it's literally as easy as someone paying us for it, signing a bill of sale, and that's all?

As soon as I can get over and get some pictures of it, I will list it.
. Yea, anything 1987 and older doesn't need a title in Alabama.

Re:

Oh it is. I think I remember him saying he would come get it for $1500 when I posted pics of it last year. I'll still honor that. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re:

Got stranded in malibu yesterday with dead battery. Replaced with new battery, now the automatic up and down windows wont work???

Try "reprogramming" it, roll the window all the way up, then hold the switch in the up position for a few seconds, roll it all the way down then hold switch down for a few seconds. Back when I worked at a dealership that was standard proceedure for fixing automatic windows, dunno if its changed since I left 9 years ago but its worth a quick try.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

d_daffron said:
Try "reprogramming" it, roll the window all the way up, then hold the switch in the up position for a few seconds, roll it all the way down then hold switch down for a few seconds. Back when I worked at a dealership that was standard proceedure for fixing automatic windows, dunno if its changed since I left 9 years ago but its worth a quick try.
That worked, thanks man!
tonybolton said:
Did you put the red cable on the post that says + ?
I did after it started smoking and I switched them :/ plus and minus, I never was good at adding and subtracting.

TacomaJD said:
Got stranded in malibu yesterday with dead battery. Replaced with new battery, now the automatic up and down windows wont work???

Shouldn't have been in California anyway. You ain't got no business out there.

Re:

Damn those article adjectives. Leave them out, changes all sorts of ****. Lol

Actually was at Mexican restaurant near a walmart, fawking neverstart Maxx $130 :/

Wtf is wrong with people, that sumbitch in Texas killing innocent people and let alone kids, blows my mind, it's a sad time in this country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts