• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trailers

From Iron Eagle's site...

Why is tube frame better than other frame material?
Contrary to what competing dealers may tell you, Steel frames will fail due to interior rust in salt water applications only. The reason competing dealers say this is because they can't sell comparable tube frame trailers at a competitive price Rectangle tubing is lighter and stronger per foot than other standard frame materials. This is the primary reason that the best boat trailer manufacturers use rectangular tubing for their trailer frames. Walk through any boat dealership and you'll see. Tubing also looks much nicer as a finished product, and it makes a perfect conduit for the trailer wiring.

Same place, 10k gvwr, ~$3k. My only complaint is the brake wiring is kind of hokey, the crimps they used aren't weathertight but that's a simple fix.

you know a 10K gvwr trailer requires a class A license, right? I dunno if you have one, I'm just asking.

you know a 10K gvwr trailer requires a class A license, right? I dunno if you have one, I'm just asking.

No I don't have one, it's not commercial, the # is 10,001, and my combined weight is around 13.5k. Get your facts straight. :flipoff:

http://www.dmv.org/wa-washington/cdl-faqs.php

When do I need a commercial driver's license (CDL)?
If you want to drive the following vehicle types, you need a CDL:

Vehicles weighing 26,001 pounds or more.
Vehicles hauling trailers weighing 10,001 pounds or more with a combined weight of 26,001 pounds or higher.
Vehicles transporting 16 or more people, including you as the driver.
Vehicles carrying placarded amounts of hazardous materials.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What class of license do I need?

Vehicles are divided into three classes: A, B, and C. The higher class CDL you have, the more vehicle types you are allowed to drive as long as you have the necessary endorsements. Here is a breakdown of the three classes of commercial license:

Class A: Any combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of at least 26,001, when the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is more than 10,000 pounds.

Sorry. I was thinking of this link,
http://dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/cdltypes.html
which says
Types of CDLs
Commercial vehicles are divided into three size classes: A, B, and C. You may also need a special endorsement if you plan to carry passengers, haul hazardous materials, or drive double-trailer, triple-trailer, or tank vehicles.

The table below shows which vehicles can be driven with each class of commercial driver license (CDL).

CDL Class What you can drive
A -Single or combination vehicles of any size.

B -Single vehicles of any size.
Vehicles towing a trailer with a weight rating of 10,000 pounds or less.
Any vehicles listed under Class C, if properly endorsed.

C -Vehicles carrying 16 or more persons including the driver.*
Vehicles carrying hazardous materials with a weight rating of 26,001 pounds or less.*

the way I read it, it says you need a class B to run a trailer with a 10K rating.

hence why I apoligized, or did you not notice that in your hurry to put me down once again?:flipoff: :flipoff: :wtf:

Your two avatars cause me much mental anguish and severe confusion whilest trying to seperate them :fawkdancesmiley: meanies...

This is our plan....to cause confusion then take over the world but we will never be able to take over the world because Pinky can't even stake tube straight!

This is our plan....to cause confusion then take over the world but we will never be able to take over the world because Pinky can't even stake tube straight!

Um, it's jammed between the driver's side tires of my cruiser and one of the tires on my generator. Don't make me relocate it to your ass. :fawkdancesmiley:

Oh ya, and the pile gets bigger this Friday Eric. It'll be easier to tell us apart then. I may have to get the wide angle lens. :redneck:

Um, it's jammed between the driver's side tires of my cruiser and one of the tires on my generator. Don't make me relocate it to your ass. :fawkdancesmiley:

Oh ya, and the pile gets bigger this Friday Eric. It'll be easier to tell us apart then. I may have to get the wide angle lens. :redneck:

:haha: :fawkdancesmiley: :cool:

My friend Alan {Bigfoot Trailers} gets a new shipment this friday. All made out of 6" c-channel. No angle iron. Give him a call. He"ll beat anybodys price on the same type trailer. 360-403-0640

My friend Alan {Bigfoot Trailers} gets a new shipment this friday. All made out of 6" c-channel. No angle iron. Give him a call. He"ll beat anybodys price on the same type trailer. 360-403-0640

Yeah he never returned my call, that's why I called TNT...