• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Well, well, well

Elliott said:
Bacon. What do you do for a living?

I am a Millwright out of a non union shop in Chattanooga call ITG we are part of the Vincit Group. We do automated machinery, chemical systems, install equipment, fab work. You name it and we do it, I program CNC machines, pipe weld, pipe fit, fabricate, machine parts on manual machines, operate CNC machines. My title is Fabrication Lead so I do all of that and keep my guys busy in the shop. My little brother is the Shop Foreman so he keeps a lot of things going too. I have actually worked on the machines that makes the Optima Battery and the Orbital Battery.

tbacon38 said:
I am a Millwright out of a non union shop in Chattanooga call ITG we are part of the Vincit Group. We do automated machinery, chemical systems, install equipment, fab work. You name it and we do it, I program CNC machines, pipe weld, pipe fit, fabricate, machine parts on manual machines, operate CNC machines. My title is Fabrication Lead so I do all of that and keep my guys busy in the shop. My little brother is the Shop Foreman so he keeps a lot of things going too. I have actually worked on the machines that makes the Optima Battery and the Orbital Battery.

One of yall Bacons used to run around with my dad back in the 80's on Aetna and going to Indy all sorts of **** apparently.

That would be dad, he had a 83 Silverado on 44 Gumbos with a big block. He went to that show at Indy a couple of times, what is his name I will ask if he remembers him.

patooyee said:
I have this problem with my wife on nearly a daily basis. It's super annoying to me because she loves texting so much. I swear she would text me during sex if I let her!

Surprised your out of the dog house enough to actually get a little. :rolf:

pholmann said:
Surprised your out of the dog house enough to actually get a little. :rolf:

I'm always in the dog house. Fortunately, she likes it doggy style! (I'm never going get to come back inside now!)

tbacon38 said:
That would be dad, he had a 83 Silverado on 44 Gumbos with a big block. He went to that show at Indy a couple of times, what is his name I will ask if he remembers him.

Always liked watching the big blocks Hill killing, I offered your brother and set of coilovers to run in Harlan a few weeks ago when his came apart and he said " Thanks anyways, I appreciate it but I don't want to pull them apart " y'all seem like good people, Definitely awesome buggys. Ohhhh did I mention that I smelled out batshit will first,, my arms hurts from patting myself on the back!! :rolf: :rolf:

Re: Re: Well, well, well

patooyee said:
I have this problem with my wife on nearly a daily basis. It's super annoying to me because she loves texting so much. I swear she would text me during sex if I let her!
He didn't say who the sex was with, just that he didn't allow her to text him while she was doing it lol!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

JohnG said:
Time to say goodby!
6ba00ce539fb7400734d3367e2fc9634.jpg

Sent using left thumb.

Just noticed this out of boredom because nobody is posting, but I'm seeing that John is a BMW man! :woot:

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
Also seen hearing aid in that list lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'll probably end up wearing hearing aids one day. Could actually use them now. Too much shooting and danger close artillery with no ear protection in the Army.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Just noticed this out of boredom because nobody is posting, but I'm seeing that John is a BMW man! :woot:

That's funny, and has a story. A friend of mine Houston bought this 2000 M Roadster for his wife new, he got the car in the divorce. He sold it to one of my best friends, Brian. Brian drove it about 4 years. I bought it from Brian several years ago and kept it 5 years. When I got ready to sell it, Brian bought it back, he drove it 2 years. About 2 months ago, I went to eat breakfast with him (like I do every Friday) and there was a for sale sign in the window. Told him I owned it. Did not even know what I paid for it. So, back in my stable, and had to do some petty repairs, so got on the BMW forums. Let me tell you, we have no tech here, those guys have tech, to an anal point. Like to take a door panel off, about 40 steps, with pictures of where to pry and not every step.

For a 16 year old car, this thing is so much fun.

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
Also seen hearing aid in that list lol

They have a bunch of trolls on that forum, who'd thunk it. Been wearing HA's since December. All I can say it protect what you have, wear hearing protection. All loss is cumulative and you don't get any back. So a percent here (shooting), a percent there (loud music), another (open headers) and you get a 50% loss like I have. Good with men, but have a hard time hearing women and children (higher pitch) and then compound it with a large room or restaurant, and my favorite saying bacame "Say again".

Has cool perks like answering the phone, music, TV, and computer all over the HA's.

Re: Re:

JohnG said:
They have a bunch of trolls on that forum, who'd thunk it. Been wearing HA's since December. All I can say it protect what you have, wear hearing protection. All loss is cumulative and you don't get any back. So a percent here (shooting), a percent there (loud music), another (open headers) and you get a 50% loss like I have. Good with men, but have a hard time hearing women and children (higher pitch) and then compound it with a large room or restaurant, and my favorite saying bacame "Say again".

Has cool perks like answering the phone, music, TV, and computer all over the HA's.
Very true, past few years I've been around load music for hours at a time. The new new job I have keeps me in different plants with loud machines. I can't stand the ear plugs, but I don't wear the ear plugs unless i they make me. Need to grow up and take protect the ears more.

Re:

JohnG said:

How is pressing the clutch since the surgery? I would imagine it would be a pain in the ass. Ha

Re:

kmcminn said:
How is pressing the clutch since the surgery? I would imagine it would be a pain in the ass. Ha

Doing good with that. If at a traffic light, I do go do neutral and rest my leg, where before I would just leave it pushed in for the few minutes of the light.

Love me some beemer. I've had a few, newest one I ever had that wasn't for a flip was an '87 320I. I dig the new ones, but the older ones have a special place in my heart. In my "first 5 if I hit the lotto" is a '99 740IL, the prettiest beemer in my opinion. drool

Spinoff to follow...