• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ftoy #518 build

za4uru6y.jpg
a3e7uqa7.jpg

Another one bits the dust!
Guess no more 5.29s for this heavy foot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I thought something sounded funny when I was mocking up suspension months ago but never tore it down.

Sent a r&p with the rig when it what being worked on.

They said " it sounds fine, probably just needs fluid"

80w should fix that rite up??

Getting parts in one by one!

Didn't think this was going to cut it so..
apa7a5ag.jpg

Got me some bling!
9agy8aja.jpg

And some decent long travel brake lines
ebemu6ab.jpg

hjpcummins said:
za4uru6y.jpg
a3e7uqa7.jpg

Another one bits the dust!
Guess no more 5.29s for this heavy foot

I know toy R&P are weak but I'm wondering if this was setup right to begin with. I've taken a bunch of teeth off of ring gears and never to the outside like that. I'm thinking the pinion wasn't deep enough in the ring gear.

Re: Re: Re: Ftoy #518 build

Skidkid said:
I know toy R&P are weak but I'm wondering if this was setup right to begin with. I've taken a bunch of teeth off of ring gears and never to the outside like that. I'm thinking the pinion wasn't deep enough in the ring gear.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking

Same here there isant no telling I bought it off a guy on here complete. Bolted it up and ran it!

Hoping to swap out the r&p this weekend and either swap gears or start stock piling my 1 ton parts

That's not normal gear breakage. Definitely wasn't right to begin with. A properly set up 5.29 should hold up good in that rig with it being as light as it is.

However, I personally am not a fan of a spool in a Toyota diff. Because of the really small diameter of the spool, you get a ton of ring gear deflection under extreme load. A spool is just not nearly as rigid as a bigger carrier such as a stock diff or full case locker. Deflection is what kills ring gears. Anything you can do to minimize it will make your gears live longer.

thumb.gif

bluetoy said:
That's not normal gear breakage. Definitely wasn't right to begin with. A properly set up 5.29 should hold up good in that rig with it being as light as it is.

However, I personally am not a fan of a spool in a Toyota diff. Because of the really small diameter of the spool, you get a ton of ring gear deflection under extreme load. A spool is just not nearly as rigid as a bigger carrier such as a stock diff or full case locker. Deflection is what kills ring gears. Anything you can do to minimize it will make your gears live longer.

thumb.gif

We'll this broke r&p was out of my full bodie rig with a solid heavy ass flat bed

But yeah after reading into it more. Looks like poor setup

I know iv got other chit to worry about but got sick of looking at busted ass alum skins so I replaced all of them
5e3egybu.jpg
ezuta2e6.jpg
gysa2aze.jpg

Since I don't have a brake to cincture the roof I didn't get my " sun shade" I wanted in front and rear. So a solid simple piece will do!

I hate I have to replace this piece it was in perfect condition when it left my place to be worked on.

But I can't stand looking at it! It was my first attempt at playing with my dimple dies
y7uranu4.jpg

Looking good man. "Lesson learned" Not being a smart a$$ . But your work looks so much better than what was done b4 ..
Stay motivated and it will come together.

rednecklights said:
looking good! sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back tonight. I will give you a shout tomorrow evening.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Guess I'm gonna have to order some eBay lights?!?!

Blase said:
You've got this thing headed in the right direction!! hats off to you for not giving up after what happened.

Thanks

I kinda owe it to myself and everyone else that commented on the oh **** thread!

3eta4ety.jpg

Thought I'd go a different round with colors since obviously yellow isant a lucky color?

Copper! It's another rustoleum hammered paint. It's looks great in person!
y4uqyhuh.jpg
nede9u2y.jpg

Also did the skins

We'll since tapatalk isant working currently

I just got my third back! Thanks Marc Zaboth
Also got my new skin tabs from BRAD @ BAMetal FAB (BAMF)
Thanks brad! They look great! Will he ordering more soon!

Iv got 48 hrs to get this thing trail worthy for a shakedown run! At American offroad